become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/North_Carolina
Regional: North America: United States: North Carolina: Recreation and Sports
Regional: North America: United States: North Carolina: Science and Environment
- E-mail group for the Blue Ridge Birders birding club located in northwest NC and southwest VA.
Brian Patteson's Images of Pelagic Seabirds
- Comprehensive photo gallery of pelagic birds, mammals, and fish, found off the NC coast.
Carolina Bird Club
- The bird club for North and South Carolina, with information on club meetings and projects, field trips, and excerpts from the newsletter.
Carolina Raptor Center
- Non-profit organization dedicated to the conservation of birds of prey through education, rehabilitation, and research. Located near Charlotte, NC.
- Information about the Carolinabirds e-mail group and links to local bird clubs in the Carolinas.
- Archive of messages from the Carolinabirds e-mail group, starting in 2003.
Chapel Hill Bird Club
- Meetings, field trips, newsletters, bird count results and procedures, and the Triangle area weekly frequency bird checklist.
Chimney Rock Park Birds
- Includes Swainson's and Cerulean Warblers near Asheville, with overview of birds, maps, and field trips.
Dorothy Pugh - Birds
- Photo gallery, mostly of common North Carolina birds, with notes on behavior.
Durham Mystery Bird
- Photos and discussion of an abnormally plumaged bird that had many experts baffled.
Fred Hurteau's North Carolina Birds
- Small collection of photos of common backyard birds and waterfowl.
Green-breasted Mango - Concord, NC
- Photos of the ultra-rare hummingbird that appeared in November 2000.
Harry D Sell's Photo Galleries
- Photos of birds from coastal North Carolina, including many rarities, plus Peru and Africa.
Lower Cape Fear Bird Club
- Based in Wilmington. Events, sightings, and contacts.
Mini-Breeding Bird Survey
- Project to collect information about the distribution and abundance of breeding birds in Orange and Chatham Counties.
National Wildlife Refuge Checklists
- Frequency checklists for 10 sites in NC. Includes John Fussell's detailed checklist for Pea Island/Cape Hatteras.
- Information from the NC Museum of Natural Sciences, including accounts all nine species that have been found in the state, a banding project, FAQ, and images.
North Carolina Bird Photos
- Gallery mostly of rare or unusual birds taken using the digiscoping technique by Will Cook. Includes several first state records.
North Carolina Birding Trail
- A project under development to link great birding sites throughout the state.
North Carolina Bluebird Society
- Nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring the future of the Eastern Bluebird and other cavity-nesting birds native to North Carolina.
North Carolina Partners in Flight
- Agencies, organizations and volunteers collaborating for the conservation of migratory birds in North Carolina. Includes 8 bird profiles, fact sheets, training schedules, and surveys.
North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission
- Includes bird species accounts, hunting seasons, and game lands maps.
Outer Banks Birding
- General overview.
Pamlico County Birding News
- Articles by Liz Lathrop.
Pelagic Birding - North Carolina and the Gulf Stream
- General information by Angus Wilson, with photos and links.
Piedmont Bird Club
- Information about the Greensboro-area bird club, including meetings and programs, photo gallery, articles, projects, local bird-finding guide, and links.
Triangle Birder's Guide
- Site guides to over 40 of the best birding spots in the Chapel Hill-Durham-Raleigh area of NC. Includes some maps and a detailed local checklist.
Wings Over Water
- Annual birding festival on the Outer Banks held in late October or early November.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 25, 2014 at 5:15:05 UTC -