become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/California
Arts: Movies: Titles: W: Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill, The
Regional: North America: United States: California: Recreation and Sports
Joe Morlan's California Birding
- Interactive map of California with birding statistics, sites, and other birding resources for all 58 California counties; recent rarities, photo gallery, mystery birds, and an identification reference list.
Audubon Canyon Ranch
- Preserve in Stinson Beach for the protection of nesting colonies of Great Egrets and Great Blue Herons. Volunteer and job opportunities, schedule of events, and publications.
Bird Friends Of Lake Murry and San Diego County
- Photos, sounds, and descriptions of local birds; brief descriptions of hot spots.
Birding Break: Northern California (Bay Area)
- Virtual tour of popular northern Californian birding destinations: Cordell Bank, Palo Alto Baylands Preserve, and Monterey.
Birds of Elkhorn Slough
- Checklist, sightings, Monterey Bay Bird Festival, and photographs.
Birds of Orange County, California
- Collection of annotated slides.
Butte County Birders
- Directions to local birding sites, photographs, and suggestions for those interested in starting.
- Archives and subscription management for the statewide e-mail group for birding in California.
California Bird Records Committee
- California bird lists, annual reports, and photo gallery.
- Links to photographs and information about destinations, checklists of endemic and specialized species, rare bird alerts.
California Native Bird Gardening
- Information about common California birds and plants to attract them.
California Parrot Project
- Researching parrots in the wilds of California's suburban jungles. Identification guide and articles.
California Partners in Flight
- Bird conservation projects.
California Rare Bird Alerts
- Transcripts of 12 different RBAs in California.
Central Valley Bird Club
- Focuses on studying and conserving native birds in central California. Includes meeting information, field trips, and lists of birds by county.
Central Valley Birds
- An e-mail list for discussing the birds of California's Central Valley.
- Weblog of birds seen in the Chico area arranged by season and location. Includes photos and directions to birdwatching sites.
Cindy's Bird Pics
- Photos of California birds.
Contra Costa County Breeding Bird Atlas
- Maps of breeding birds in Contra Costa County.
E-mail Groups for Birding in California
- Interactive map of the state with links to over 20 birding lists.
East Bay Birders Circle
- Birding in Contra Costa and Alameda Counties in the San Francisco Bay area. EBbird mailing list info and archives, rare bird alerts, yard lists, essays, list of wildlife rehabilitators.
East Bay Nature
- Store with backyard birding tips and bird walks.
Eastern Sierra Birds
- Recent sightings and photographs from Inyo and Mono counties plus site guides to 16 hotspots.
Golden Gate Raptor Observatory
- Fall hawk watch near San Francisco.
Kern County Birding
- Brief site guides to dozens of the county's best birding spots.
Klamath Basin National Wildlife Refuges Complex
- Official site of the Klamath Basin NWR, with visitor information, bird counts and sightings, tips for building blinds, and various areas for viewing.
- E-mail group for discussion of wild birds and birdwatching in Los Angeles County.
Los Angeles County Natural History Museum - Ornithology
- Research and holdings. Also department information and staff biographies.
Mitch Heindel's Miscellaneous Matters
- Southern California pelagic and other photos; pelagic trip schedule; photo quizzes; and checklists for Ken Malloy Harbor Regional Park, Wilmington Drain, and Banning Park.
Mono Lake Bird Sightings
- Recent sightings from the Mono Basin and nearby Eastern Sierra.
Monterey Birding Adventures
- Avid birder Rick Fournier leads bird trips for individuals or groups in Central California. Includes some bird photos.
Monterey County Birding
- Rarities with photos, identification problems, site guides for 4 prime birding areas, and top county birders.
Morro Bay Winter Bird Festival
- Annual event held in mid-January. Program, registration, brochures, bird lists, and photos.
- A gallery of bird photographs, mostly from California, by Larry Selman of Santa Cruz.
National Wildlife Refuge Bird Checklists
- Seasonal checklists for 36 refuges in California.
Orange County Birding
- Forum for the discussion of birding in Orange County, southern California. Message archive, files, and links.
Peter LaTourrette's Bird Photo Gallery
- High quality bird photos, mostly taken at Stanford's Jasper Ridge Biological Preserve.
Point Reyes Bird Observatory
- Bird conservation projects, programs, research, news, outings, newsletters, education and outreach, bird articles, and essays.
Salton Sea International Bird Festival
- Annual event held in February in Imperial County.
San Francisco Bay Area birds and nature blog
- Frequently updated posts focusing on birds and nature in or around the San Francisco Bay Area.
San Francisco Bay Bird Observatory
- Programs, Palo Alto rail tides, photos, volunteer opportunities, newsletter articles, and activities.
Santa Cruz Bird Club
- Events, history, Monterey Bay Birders' e-mail group info, Central Coast Riparian Bird Conservation Project, Guide to Songs and Calls of Central Coast Birds, newsletter articles, local birding sites, bird reports, checklists, and gull ID.
Santa Cruz Predatory Bird Research Group
- Raptor conservation group with summaries of research projects, education programs, and news articles.
- E-mail discussion group devoted to sharing information about the birds of Santa Barbara County, its near shore waters, and the Channel Islands.
- Photos of several hundred species photographed by Ashok Khosla.
- E-mail group for birding in San Francisco.
- Pelagic trips, reports, and photos.
- Forum for discussing birding and birds of the Sierra Nevada.
- E-mail discussion group for San Luis Obispo County birds.
South Bay Birders Unlimited
- Santa Clara County year lists, maps, tide schedules, and links.
Tom Grey's Bird Pictures
- Digiscoped photos from the Stanford area.
- Harry Fuller's site with information about birding San Francisco, notes on specialty birds, report on a big year in 1998, history of US ornithology, and European trip reports.
Ventana Wilderness Society
- Based in Carmel Valley. California Condor reintroduction notes, Bald Eagle release and monitoring, Big Sur Ornithology Lab, environmental education, and research.
- E-mail discussion group for birding in Ventura County.
- Department of Fish and Game site with viewing tips for magpies, raptors, cranes, herons and egrets, and nutcrackers.
Yolo County Birding Guide
- Recent rarities, guide to birding throughout the year, map and descriptions of birding sites, and best spots for certain species.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 4, 2014 at 18:15:08 UTC -