become an editor
the entire directory
only in Aviation/Resources
This category in other languages:
- Current U.S. aviation fuel prices for 100 Low-Lead and Jet-A. Complete airport directory with FBO data and local attractions, hotels, and restaurants.
Aircraft Paint Schemes
- Hundreds of paint schemes to download. Many aircraft line drawings and every paint shop in the US.
- A meeting place for pilots who want to establish aircraft partnerships. Requires a membership fee.
- Information about airport, airlines, and connection world wide
Allexperts Flying & Piloting Q&A
- Pilots and other experts answer your detailed questions about flying for free.
- Free access to TAFs, METARs and 5 day charts. Spot wind and low level forecast charts (forms 214 and 215) for subscribers.
Aviation - from About.com
- Aviation links, all categorized, annotated and regularly reviewed, plus articles and chat.
- All around aviation information. Includes information on flying lessons, medicals and flight schools.
Aviation Top 100
- Rates member sites by popularity. ODP aviation search, newsletter, quiz, guest book and news.
- Aviation magazine and news service featuring aviation news, articles, searchable aviation databases, and on-line shopping.
Best Aviation Schools
- Lists aviation schools on a global basis and allows searches using various criteria. Allows aviation schools to apply for listing.
- Site providing links and resources for the certificated flight instructor.
Civil Aviation Resource Net of China
- A civil aviation resource offers text in both Chinese and English. Includes news and aviation surveys.
- Resource for French aviation enthusiasts with history, news and related hobbies.
- A collection of links and resources for airline crews, hobbyists or professionals.
- Online homebuilt, experimental, and aircraft restoration projects.
- Chapters I and III of Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Pilot resource with online flight tracking, airport, runway, frequency and fixed base operator information. NOAA radar, NOTAMs, links, and forum.
- Virtual flight school providing online flying lessons and information about private pilot training. Subscription required.
Flight Standards Service AC Index
- Provides 150 series Advisory Circular Index from the Federal Aviation Administration, including links.
- Aircraft reservation system offering access via internet, SMS and WAP. Information on costs and functionality. Includes a demonstration.
- Shows live aircraft traffic above Europe and certain other parts of the world.
- Listen to actual aviation communications over a scanner.
Fly In France
- Information, advice, and regulations on flying in France.
- Airshow reports, plane spotting, spotter maps, events calendars and links.
- Offers a database of airports and mountain crossing routes in Alaska, the Yukon, and British Columbia as well as offering self-fly guided tours. [membership required]
Free Online Aeronautical Charts
- Displays current FAA Aeronautical Charts and airport information.
Free web-based pilot logbook
- Put a pilot's logbook on the web and access it from anywhere. Prepare for the FAA private pilot or instrument exam with free java software.
GG-Pilot Flight Training Information System
- Information and services for student and career pilots, both airplane and helicopter flight training.
Global Operators Flight Information Resource
- General information for the international pilot. Contains news, aircraft databases and details of delays, preferred routes, notams and travel warnings.
Gold Seal Online Ground School
- A multimedia ground school course for the FAA private pilot license.
Grizzly Web Links
- Links to aviation sites on the web, including aviation engineering sites.
How Stuff Works: Becoming an Airline Pilot
- A semi-senior first officer on a Boeing 727 tells what it takes to become an airline pilot.
The inFrequent Flyer
- Supplies information and articles on training, flying adventures and reviews of aircraft and aviation equipment. Includes an ezine and picture gallery.
- Online resource for aviation weather, pilot supplies, editorials, community, insurance, and aviation links.
- A large aviation hub for pilots and aviators.
Let's Fly San Diego
- Provides information for those who want to learn to fly. Includes detail of flight training options in the area and details of flying clubs, flight schools, independent training, airports and airplanes.
- Provides live air traffic control broadcasts from around the world.
- Latest news and articles, forum and photographs.
- Flight instruction, stories, and links to general aviation information.
Nelly - Swiss Aviation Web Resources
- Collection of more than 1200 Links to English, German and French Aviation Sites for Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
Pilot Licenses and Ratings Tutorial
- Provides a description of airplane pilot licenses and ratings - what they are and how to get them. Includes guides and example theoretical tests.
- Pilot resource with information and links.
- Online aviation community, aviation forums, articles, tutorials and aviation news.
- Civil Aviation site with photos, a searchable airline information database, screen savers and airport guides. The site also includes a flight simulator section with scenery, reviews and tutorials.
- Production lists, airline fleet, overviews, and photos.
- Provides news and general information. Includes a picture gallery focusing on classic aircraft such as Luscombe, Cessna, and Piper, a N-number database and FAA forms.
- Articles and assistance to pilots operating light aircraft under IFR in Europe.
Quick Aviation Links
- Military Aircraft information and pictures.
Rising Up Aviation
- Aircraft data, links, discussions, pictures, and exams.
Safe Skies International
- To educate and inform the flying public and provide professional insight to the safety systems inherent in aviation.
- Articles, chat room, message board, photo galleries and related links.
- Internet based aircraft scheduling service suitable for flying clubs, flight schools, and aircraft owner partnerships.
- Short descriptions and statistics for a selection of civil and military aircraft.
Thirty Thousand Feet
- A categorized directory of Web pages, newsgroups, faqs, aviation news, and links to other sources of aviation information.
- Subscription database of aircraft and aviation products and services.
Wings Over Kansas
- Resource for aeronautics and astronautical history, news, learn-to-fly programs, education and links to aviation and aerospace web sites.
- Detailed aeronautical search engine of ICAO and FAA information. Provides a disclaimer, message board, and links.
Usenet rec.aviation.piloting -
Usenet rec.aviation.student -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 7, 2014 at 1:32:24 UTC -