become an editor
the entire directory
only in Pilots/Flight_Planning
Weather Information Products
Science: Earth Sciences: Geomatics: Navigation
- Offers online flight planning, sectional charts, and weather outlooks.
- Aviation VFR and IFR Charts. Sectional and Terminal Charts. NOS Low Altitude En route Charts and Approach Plates.
Airports En Route
- Airports directory with flight plan calculator. Computes distance, track, heading, ground speed and time en route between US and Canadian locations.
- Introduction to the mathematical processes used in navigation including great circle navigation theory.
Canso - Civil Air Navigation Services Organisation
- Exists to ensure the provision of air navigation services for civil aviation communities worldwide.
Density Altitude Calculator
Ed Williams' Aviation Page
- Formulas and on line calculators for aviation navigation.
- Flight log in Excel. Calculates heading, distance and time based on entered waypoints.
- Flycalc is a web based, navigation tool for New Zealand based flight plans.
The Institute of Navigation
- Non-profit professional society dedicated to the advancement of the art and science of navigation.
- Publisher of flight information, supported by computer flight planning services, aviation weather services, and aviation training systems.
National Air Traffic Services
- Provides aeronautical information services including let down plates and aviation warnings. Free registration required.
- Provides navigation services like air traffic control, weather information and many other services.
- Free UK NOTAM plotting software for private pilots. Download, features and user guide. Limited features in free version.
- Flight planning and moving map software for PCs and mobile pocket PCs using Windows. Includes world-wide VFR maps, bi-hourly updated navigation data, weather integration and an extensive airspace warning system.
- Provides flying school software, holding pattern and flight plan computers. Product information and company history.
Royal Institute of Navigation
- If you have an interest in navigation in its broadest terms - from aircraft Cat III landings though sailing for pleasure to orientation strategies with young children, then you should consider membership of the RIN.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2014 at 8:05:14 UTC -