become an editor
the entire directory
only in Soaring/Technical_Papers
Science: Technology: Aerospace: Aeronautics
Ask J&D Technical Model Questions
- Questions and Answers from DJ Aerotech on soaring topics by Joe Hahn and Don Stackhouse.
Discus Launch Gliders
- Pictures and information on making fuselage molds.
- Designed by John Yost, and developed specifically for swept wing tailless aircraft.
- Tips for working safely with epoxy, including discussion of latex gloves.
How to Cast Lead Nose Weight
- By Michael Shellim, a relatively simple method of casting lead noseweight to fit accurately inside the nose of your model.
- How to design a good wing using a vortex-lattice spreadsheet by John Hazel.
Mark Drela's Allegro 2m
- Paper and plans describing the aerodynamics and structures of a 2m RES sailplane.
Pressure Sensor-Based Altimeter Circuit
- Includes introduction, what the circuit does, the circuit, the Schematic and PCB layout, tuning and adjusting, installation in the model, use, and parts list.
- Anatomy of a project to design a moulded F3F-class radio control slope soarer, by Adrian Bedford.
R/C Soaring UK
- What Do Thermals Look Like by Wayne Angevine, an atmospheric physicist.
Sailplane Performance Analysis
- A theoretical study to evaluate the effect of minimum sink rate, span, and aspect ratio on the performance of a family of conventional radio controlled thermal sailplanes.
Seamless Molded Fuselages
- Doing a layup with and joining the fuselage in the mold.
See How It Flies
- A new spin on the perceptions, procedures, and principles of flight.
- Knuckle or arrowshaft hinges for gapless hinge lines.
UIUC Applied Aerodynamics Group
- Information on low speed airfoil testing for model airplanes.
Vacuum Bagging Wings
- Vacuum bagging techniques for foam wings with composite, or wood veneer skins.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 24, 2015 at 5:21:56 UTC -