become an editor
the entire directory
only in Soaring/Software
Open Directory - Recreation: Aviation: Model Aviation: Radio Controlled: Soaring: Software
Recreation: Aviation: Aircraft: Soaring: Software
- Lofting software, personal simulation works, and desktop CFD.
Aeronautics Education Software
- FoilSim basic aerodynamics software. Interactive simulations of flow around airfoils.
Airfoil Comparison Tool
- Wind tunnel data analyzer by Mike Garton and David Orman. Uses UIUC airfoil data.
Airfoil Design Workshop
- Airfoil design software for modelers and aircraft designers. Graphically display and modify standard airfoil data files. Output to DXF format.
- Links to various software and airfoil plotting packages.
- Advanced airfoil plotting and editing software. Plots full sets of ribs, foam templates, modifies airfoils.
- SNACK - airfoil creation, analysis, and design software.
F3J Score Software
- Free software that will perform all needed tasks to setup and run a F3J competition.
- Public domain software: Profile Program (V2.2) plus some airfoils (.zip) Profile Source (V2.2) in Visual C++ (.zip).
- Aerodynamics software for Windows 95. Test airfoils, learn aerodynamics, plot airfoil sections for model airplane constructions.
Helmut Lelke Aircraft Design Program
- Computes important flight parameters based on your design input.
- Various codes for analyzing airfoils and coordinate conversions.
Mean Aerodynamic Chord
- Calculation software for computing the mean aerodynamic chord on a multi panel wing, and locating the center of lift. Freeware.
The Panknin Twist Formula
- Excel spreadsheet software; including all of the fundamental information required to design and build a high performance, swept-wing tailless sailplane.
- A freeware-shareware software for wing airfoils managing, drawing, and analysis.
- Hang glider flying simulator.
- A software specially designed to help modelers to create airplanes. It supplies a three-dimensional visualization of the model you are designing.
- The soaring simulator reproduces flight with a soaring plane on IBM compatible PCs.
- Directory of links to full scale soaring programs.
Stanford Java Wing Analysis Program
- A wing efficiency program written in Java, which can be run directly from the Net. Your browser must support Java applets.
- Physical and temperature conversions. English units of mass, weight and force are Avoirdupois; metric units are International metric.
Vacuum Bagging EXCEL Spreadsheet
- Used in preliminary design on triple tapered vacuum bagged wings for weight and strength estimation.
Winfoil Aeronautical Design Software
- An aeronautical computer-aided design tool for designing, analysing and modifying model aircraft. Shareware.
Wing Analysis Program
- This Java application computes the lift and Cl distribution over a wing, with sweep and twist.
Wing Designer Plus
- Software that will help you in the conception of the wings of your planes, or gliders.
- Combines several wing-analyses, such as MAC, lift-distribution and bending-moment evaluation, into a single, web-based application.
- Mark Drela's XFOIL low Rn airfoil design and analysis code. Great analysis code for soaring airfoils. Requires UNIX, links to source code.
Xfoil discussion group
- Group discussions on using the XFOIL airfoil design code.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 26, 2014 at 19:15:05 UTC -