become an editor
the entire directory
only in North_America/United_States
Clubs and Locations
Regional: North America: United States: Recreation and Sports: Aviation
- Club for owners and pilots of the Schweizer 1-26 sailplane. Includes a membership application and information about activities, competitions, events, contests, and maintenance. With photos.
Adirondack Soaring Group, Inc.
- Pilots and certified instructors flying sailplanes and offering instruction at Saratoga County Airport. Provides membership, weather, and general soaring information.
Aero Club Albatross
- A Soaring/Gliding club in New Jersey, located 5 miles from the scenic Delaware Water Gap and the Kittatinny Ridge, 65 miles West from New York City and 100 miles North from Philadelphia. The area offers a wide variety of soaring conditions: thermal, wave, and ridge lift.
Air Sailing, Inc
- Non-profit, membership organization operating a gliderport located in Palomino Valley, 25 miles Northeast of Reno, Nevada.
- Arizona Soaring operates from Estrella Sailport, a private airport south of Phoenix with a fleet of 15 sailplanes and FAA instructors.
Bay Area Glider Rides
- Offers Glider rides for one or two passengers. Serves the San Francisco, Silicon Valley and Monterey Bay areas. Located on the Hollister Municipal Airport.
Bay Area Soaring Associates
- BASA members fly a DG-1000, a Grob 103, and three Pegasus 101's from Hollister Airport, Truckee Airport, and Douglas County Airport in Northern California. Instruction is not available.
- Benz Aviation in Ionia, Michigan has been a home to soaring for over 30 years, offering glider rides, glider training, and towing services for private owners. Region 6 contest site.
Bermuda High Soaring, Inc.
- Soaring club and commercial operation offering sailplane instruction, power pilot conversions and glider rides. Located one hour South of Charlotte in Lancaster, South Carolina. FAA flight examiner on staff.
Black Forest Soaring Society
- Soaring club located south of Denver, Colorado at Kelly AirPark. Instruction, scenic rides, and Wave Soaring.
Blue Ridge Soaring Society
- Located in New Castle, VA. A gliderport for soaring fun, competition, and record making.
Caesar Creek Soaring Club
- 200 member SW Ohio club with instruction. Nice website.
Caprock Soaring Club
- Promoting aviation and flying sailplanes in West Texas, 40 miles NW of Lubbock at Littlefield Municipal Airport.
- Lessons and rides from March through November. Located in McMinnville Airport, Oregon.
Central California Soaring Club
- Located at Avenal, California, the CCSC has six club sailplanes, operates a privately owned gliderport.
Central Ohio Soaring Association
- A non-profit Soaring club, located at the Marion, Ohio airport in North Central Ohio. Student training operations continue throughout the winter.
Chicago Glider Club
- Economical sailplane flying for Chicago area sailplane pilots for over 45 years. Operates from a private gliderport located Southwest of Joliet, IL. Well-organized club site.
- Offers sailplane rides, rentals, instruction, towing, and hangarage. Photos, rates, driving directions, state soaring records, pilots' stories, technical data, and area information. Near the Hiwassee River in southeastern Tennessee.
Cleveland Soaring Society
- Facilities for its members on a nonprofit basis at 7D6 - Freedom Airfield, Freedom Ohio.
Colorado Soaring Association
- Soaring Association owns and operates Owl Canyon Gliderport, located about 15 miles north of Fort Collins.
- Soaring club conveniently located near Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, and San Diego Counties.
Elsinore Valley Soaring Club
- A not for-profit soaring club at Hemet Ryan Airport, Hemet CA.
Fun Country Soaring
- Soaring Club located in Wellington, Ohio.
Greater Boston Soaring Club
- Non-profit organization is flying from Sterling Airport, in North Massachusetts.
Greater Houston Soaring Association
- Promoting the sport of motorless flight, gliding, soaring in the Houston, TX area.
High Flights Soaring Club
- We own four sailplanes and a tug at our home-base, Meadow Lake Airport near Colorado Springs.
Hollister Gliding Club
- The center for local soaring adventure for the Monterey and San Francisco Bay areas.
Illini Glider Club
- Non-profit Soaring club located in Central Illinois at the Monticello/Piatt County Airport.
Marshall Soaring Club
- A non-profit club offering glider rides to the public, and rentals and instruction to members. Michigan.
Memphis Soaring Society
- A non-profit club operating from Forrest City, Arkansas, approximately 40 miles west of Memphis. Rides available to the public, and free instruction and rental of club aircraft available to members.
- Miami Gliders offers rides, rental and training in Gliders 7 days a week. Located South of Miami near the Everglades and Keys. Shopping and activities of all kinds nearby.
Mid-Georgia Soaring Association
- One of the oldest and largest soaring clubs in the southeast United States with 90 members flying 4 club sailplanes at Monroe-Walton County Airport 35 miles east of Atlanta, Ga.
Mile High Gliding, Inc. Boulder CO
- Scenic gilder rides over the foothills of beautiful Boulder Colorado. The site offers Grob and Duo Discus sailplanes for hire. The flying area offers outstanding potential for altitude and cross country soaring. Quick license validation is available for pilots visiting from abroad.
Minden Soaring Club
- Sailplane club for pilots at the Minden-Tahoe airport.
Minnesota Soaring Club
- Details of the club's achievements, activities as well as aircraft, photos of members, club officials' contact data for visitors plus an exclusive member area.
Nevada Soaring Association
- A not-for-profit Soaring club outside of Reno in Washoe County in Northern Nevada.
North Carolina Soaring Association
- Harnett County airport is located in central North Carolina.
Northern California Soaring Association
- A non-profit Soaring club located at Byron Airport, 60 miles east of San Francisco. NCSA offers basic instruction, and encourages cross-country Soaring. The club operates year-round , primarily on weekends.
Northwest Soaring Club
- Based at Frankfort, Michigan, offering soaring flights over the dunes and bluffs of Lake Michigan. National Soaring Museum Landmark Site.
Nutmeg Soaring Association
- 100 members fly 5 club sailplanes at Candlelight Farms Airport a few miles west of New Milford, Connecticut.
Orange County Soaring Association
- A non-profit organization established in 1959 to promote, teach, and provide soaring activities for association members and their families. We are located at Hemet-Ryan airport in Hemet, CA.
Philadelphia Glider Council
- Located at Bucks County Airport Hilltown, PA. General information on soaring.
Post Mills Soaring Club
- Non-profit club operating in Post Mills, Vermont since 1987. Details of membership, accommodation and aircraft.
Prescott Soaring Society
- A non-profit club in Northern Arizona with winch launch for fun and instruction.
Puget Sound Soaring Association
- Non-profit organization operated from a private field in the Cascade Mountain foothills South of Seattle, Washington 2.5 miles north of Enumclaw, Washington.
Sandhill Soaring Club
- A cooperative, nonprofit organization that exists to provide an opportunity for its members to learn to fly gliders and to enjoy the sport of soaring at moderate cost. Located at Richmond Field (69G) Gregory, Michigan.
Saratoga Soaring Association
- Private Soaring club,3 miles SW of Saratoga Springs,NY
- At Clermont 20 minutes south of Orlando FL. Instruction and rental
Shenandoah Valley Soaring
- a club at Eagle's Nest airport west of Shenandoah Valley at Waynesboro, VA. off US Rt. 250.
Shreveport Soaring Club
- Non-profit club north of Shreveport on Hwy 71 operating since 1975. Club ships: 2-22,2-33 and 1-26.
- soaring club in northern California operate from three locations: Crazy Creek (Middletown CA, between Calistoga and Clear Lake) off season, Truckee CA and Minden with a Grob.
Silvercreek Glider Club - St.Louis Mo.
- non-profit club intended educate individuals in the sport of soaring. Primary flight instruction to cross-country training. We operate a private airfield north-east of St. Louis.
Sky Sailing, Inc.
- Glider rides, rentals and instruction. Warner Springs Airport east of Mount Palomar in California.
Sky Soaring Glider Club
- Located 45 minutes North of Chicago, Sky Soaring operates the only Chicago area airport dedicated solely to the sport of Glider flight. The club welcomes visitors and is currently accepting new members.
Skyline Soaring Club, Inc.
- A private soaring club based at the Front Royal Airport in Front Royal, Virginia. 1 hour from Washington DC. Thermal, ridge, and wave soaring in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley.
- Idaho commercial soaring operations, locations and general information.
Soaring Club Of Houston
- Provide an opportunity to experience gliding in SE Texas. Visitors are welcome.
Soaring Society of Boulder
- Formed in 1959 as a nonprofit corporation to promote the sport of soaring; visit the glider side of the Boulder airport on a weekend.
- glider pilots in Northeastern Ohio. Located at the Wadsworth Municipal Airport in Wadsworth, Ohio.
- The club, located in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, provides photos, files (for example Schweizer sailplane specifications), and membership information.
- Covers soaring in the Western US, Utah and Colorado. Soaring in full size gliders and with Radio Controlled models. You'll find information on local activities, articles, pictures and links.
Southern Eagles Soaring
- Private club operation located at LaGrange, Georgia, about 45 minutes Southwest of Atlanta. Nice photos.
St. Louis Soaring Association
- A non-profit private club promoting the joy and excitement of motorless flight in the St. Louis Metro-East area.
Sugarbush Soaring Association
- Located in the heart of Vermont's Green Mountains, where there is ridge, wave and thermal lift. Offers scenic rides, flight instruction, rentals and tows to members and non-members.
- Rick Kohler and staff offer training for all glider ratings, specializing in add-on ratings. Located in Moriarty, NM, one hour from Santa Fe, 30 minutes from Albuquerque.
Tidewater Soaring Society
- SE Virginia at Garner Airport at Isle of Wight, VA. 65 member club with 5 sailplanes and 2 towplanes.
Tucson Soaring Club
- A non-profit club for instruction,introduction and soaring at El Tiro Gliderport west of Marana, Az.(30 miles NW of Tucson)
- Glider rides and flight instruction school. Commercial operations north of Phoenix, Az.
Utah Soaring Association
- The Utah Soaring Association is a 45 member club based out of the Heber Valley Airport.
Valley Soaring Association, California
- non-profit organization, formed in 1985 at Vacaville California. Our base of operations is Williams Gliderport, Williams, California.
Vultures Soaring Club of Michigan
- Soaring club with 35 members. Located at Marlette airport, 50 miles North of Detroit.
Willamette Valley Soaring Club
- nonprofit organization centered in Portland, Oregon 26 miles west of Portland off State Highway 26.
- Williams Soaring Center is located in Williams, California. A 1.5 hour drive from the San Francisco Bay Area and a 45 minute drive from Sacramento.
Yards Creek Soaring
- Provides flights with certified pilots. Picture and video gallery. Located in New Jersey.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 27, 2014 at 14:45:09 UTC -