become an editor
the entire directory
only in Autos/Driving_and_Safety
Driving and Safety
Open Directory - Recreation: Autos: Driving and Safety
Automotive Safety Engineering
Children and Car Seats
Teens and New Drivers
Training and Schools
Business: Automotive: Parts and Accessories: Safety Devices
Home: Consumer Information: Automobiles: Advocacy and Protection: Crash Tests
Kids and Teens: Teen Life: Driver's Education
Shopping: Vehicles: Parts and Accessories: Safety
Society: Issues: Violence and Abuse: Road Rage
This category in other languages:
How Stuff Works
- Articles for lay people on automobile crash testing, analysis and design, and potential future safety improvements.
Air Bag Safety
- Information and guidance on air bags in automobiles. Children, driver and passenger safety issues addressed.
Airbag and Seatbelt Safety
- Explains why motor vehicle accidents are one of the leading causes of serious injury to the back, neck and spinal cord and how these may be prevented.
- An internet traffic safety company aimed at those operating corporate vehicles.
AOL Autos - Car Safety
- Safe driving tips and new car safety technologies.
Automobile Safety Foundation
- An organization that addresses safety problems with auto steering locks and endorses air-bag bumpers. Issues, news, correspondence.
Cars Everything - Crash Tests
- Automotive crash test and other car safety information such as recalls database and safe driving tips.
Center for Auto Safety
- Focused on auto safety and consumer issues. Member section provides writeups on problematic vehicles and on 'secret' warranties.
Drive and Stay Alive
- Best driving practices and highway safety techniques from around the world.
Drive-Alive Motoring Holidays in Europe
- Hints on driving abroad and information on tolls, speed limits, alcohol limits and minimum driving ages in France, Belgium, Austria, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain and Switzerland.
- DriversHandbook.com is a free guide to handbooks for drivers that have been posted on the Internet. Most of the links are to web sites posted by state or provincial governments in the United States and Canada. There are also some links to handbooks for different countries around the world.
- Automotive traffic safety articles. Access driving statistics. Review road rage, licensing, new and professional driver topics.
- Hosted by Jack Nerad, site brings automotive enthusiasts front and center for the most useful features, news, and information on the major trends, personalities, and new products shaping the automotive industry.
The Ethan Foundation
- Information on traffic safety, parenting practices, and general education causes.
Honda Says No to Seat Belt Extenders
- A campaign to change the federal regulation so people of all sizes can fasten their safety belts. Includes general information, current law, proposed law, and how to sign the petition.
National Motorists Association
- A membership organization devoted to representing and protecting the rights and interests of North American motorists. Includes general information and how to join.
Ol' Blue, USA
- Is educating the nation on highway safety and provides free safety programs at community events, public schools, and truck shows. Website includes safety videos, coloring book, storybook links, safety tips, posters, and news.
Peak Performance Driver Training
- Developing and implementing effective programs for managing occupational driving risk since 1989. Includes descriptions of training programs, case studies and news. Located in Derbyshire, UK.
The Physics and Traffic Homepage of Martin Treiber
- Nonlinear traffic dynamics modelling research.
Safety Information On Family Vehicles.
- Comparison safety information on cars, vans, and sport utility vehicle.
The Traffic Guy
- Safe driving expert, Reed Berry, provides automobile and road safety information, instruction and news updates.
- The science of Nonlinear Dynamics applied to traffic jams. Includes information on how to drive to make a traffic jam disappear.
UK Speed Cameras
- A guide to speed cameras in the UK and how to drive safely.
Vehicle Safety & Cell Phones
- NHTSA research results on the safety implications of cell phone use in automobile vehicles.
Which side of the road do they drive on?
- Provides an insight to driving practices, historical questions, a list of countries and reference sources.
Winter Driving Tips
- Here are some tips to help you drive safely as the weather turns cold and nasty.
Usenet rec.autos.driving -
Driving and Safety
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 22, 2013 at 16:15:10 UTC -