become an editor
the entire directory
only in Antiques/Silver_and_Flatware
Silver and Flatware
Shopping: Antiques and Collectibles: Silver, Pewter and Flatware
- A study focusing on the family connections of 17th through 19th century American silversmiths and engravers. Includes an index of names and images of the marks each used.
Association of Small Collectors of Antique Silver
- ASCAS is an association for collectors and lovers of antique silver. Includes informative and historical articles, and newsletter archive.
- A study focusing on the Arts and Crafts metalwork movement in Chicago, especially The Kalo Shop, America's longest-lived silversmith operation. Includes examples and images of marks.
Online Encyclopedia of Silver Marks, Hallmarks and Maker's Marks
- A photographic directory of American, British, European and Mexican silver maker's marks and hallmarks found on antique sterling and coin silver.
- Collection of antique silver bookmarks, featuring many unique pieces. The bookmarks are mainly silver but include brass, copper, celluloid, gold, enameled and jeweled examples.
Silver Salon Forums
- Resource for learning about collecting silver, silversmiths, flatware and holloware with a question and answer forum.
Silver Sugar Tongs
- An informational site about Georgian silver sugar tongs, including makers, hallmarks, assay offices and images of tongs.
- A forum dedicated to collecting silverware with sections on reading hallmarks, cleaning and restoration. Most suitable for beginner and intermediate collectors.
- Online pattern identification guide for sterling silver, silverplate and stainless steel flatware patterns, and resource articles.
- A personal collection of antique silver and objects of vertu, primarily Continental, with an image index of the corresponding marks.
- Silver and Silver Hallmarks. A site to aid in the study and identification of the marks struck on silver, including a brief history of English silver, bookshop, world silver marks and an Exchange to post and reply to queries.
- Reference site for collectors of tea tongs by the author of "Eighteenth Century Silver Tea Tongs". Includes a forum and newly-discovered information since the book was published.
- Reference site for designer William Spratling with more than 300 photos, tips, history and a question and answer forum.
The Stieff Company
- This historical reference for the Baltimore silversmith includes date and year marks, pattern images, vintage catalogs and advertising, and family information.
- Information and history of tea infusers. Visitors may submit tea ball images from their own collections.
Silver and Flatware
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 25, 2014 at 5:15:07 UTC -