become an editor
the entire directory
only in Rugs/Tribal
Marla Mallett: Textiles and Tribal Oriental Rugs
- Information on textile structure by a leading authority, with an ongoing on-line revision of her book. Includes rugs and textiles offered for sale.
- Site for collectors of textiles, especially tribal weaving from central and western Asia. Active moderated discussion boards.
Atlas Kilim Berbere
- Bilingual (French and English) site devoted to Moroccan textiles.
- Gallery of mostly Berber carpets (with a focus on Beni Ouarain) and some other tribal artifacts. Many good images.
Gail Martin Gallery
- Ancient, antique and ethnographic textiles; modern and contemporary fiber arts.
- Old tribal weaving, with a nice introduction to the subject for beginners.
Joshua Baer and Company
- Information and sales of Navajo blankets and rugs, Spanish colonial furniture and American Indian art.
Milton Cater Oriental Carpets
- A commercial site with a philosophical attitude. Includes a selection of worn rugs ("Noble Ruins") and a free online newsletter.
Nagel Auktionen GmbH & Co. KG
- Nagels holds several rug sales each year, with illustrated catalogues.
The Nomads Tent
- Edinburgh dealer site, with brief articles and book reviews.
Oriental Rug Repair Co.
- Repair, cleaning and appraisal of Navajo and Oriental rugs.
Seeing Is Dreaming
- Some nice essays on cultural significance and history of rug weaving, especially in Turkey.
Sun Bow Trading Company
- A colorful American dealer in tribal rugs and textiles.
- Paris dealer specializing in Moroccan textiles, with nice travel photos and periodic exhibitions.
Thomas Cole Antique Rugs and Textiles
- Antique tribal and central Asian rugs, embroideries and other textile art.
The Tribal Eye
- Peter Davies' site on tribal textiles.
Turkmen Main Carpets
- About a CD-ROM featuring main carpets of the Turkmen.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 23, 2015 at 1:40:32 UTC -