become an editor
the entire directory
only in Radio/Organizations
The Alabama Historical Radio Society
- Based in Birmingham, it provides an opportunity for people to join together and pursue their interest in vintage radio. Museum location, meeting times, photo gallery.
The Antique Radio Club of Illinois, ARCI
- Membership and committee information, meeting schedule, event photos, and links to member web sites.
The Antique Wireless Association
- The AWA is organized for those interested in the history of electrical and electronic communications. Meetings and activities, a sample of their quarterly publication, and a tour of the Electronic Communications Museum near Rochester, New York.
British Vintage Wireless Society
- Membership includes their magazine with facts and information covering every aspect of radio collecting. Club holds regular swapmeets and radio auctions.
California Historical Radio Society
- CHRS is a non-profit, volunteer whose members acquire, restore, trade, exhibit radio technology and memorabilia, and document radio history. Membership and event information, and sample articles from their journal.
- The Carolinas Chapter of the Antique Wireless Association, with information on swap meets and other activities, links to member sites, and benefits of membership.
- Antique Wireless Association pages contain information on membership, bylaws, chat and antique radio swap events in the Carolinas.
Heartland Antique Radio Association
- Contains meeting schedule, events, photographs, regional information, and forums. Located in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
London Vintage Radio Club
- Membership information, and events schedule. Located in London, Ontario, Canada.
Michigan Antique Radio Club
- Membership information and history of MARC, which is based in Lansing Michigan, but is also represented in Canada, Europe, and Australia. Meet schedule and details about their annual "Extravaganza" convention.
Mid-Atlantic Antique Radio Club
- Information about membership and the newsletter for MAARC, which meets in Davidsonville, Maryland. Features an article about the manufacture of Catalin radio cabinets, illustrated with archived and contemporary photos
New England Antique Radio Club
- Meets in Nashua, New Hampshire, and is dedicated to the preservation, collection, restoration, and enjoyment of antique and collectible radios, TVs, and related equipment. Membership information, swap meet schedule, and photos from past events.
The New Jersey Antique Radio Club
- Based in Freehold NJ. Club events and activities, photo gallery, and an index to their library which includes video tapes of "Tech Talks" given at meetings by members.
Northland Antique Radio Club
- Non-profit organization dedicated to preserve the history of radios and related items. Includes information about activities, a calendar of events, a directory of members online, a newsletter and membership application. Located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.
Norwegian Radio History Society
- Founded in 1979 to record, preserve and restore old radios and similar equipment which have or will have historical interest. [English and Norwegian]
Ottawa Vintage Radio Club
- Dedicated to the preservation of Canadian radio history, with club activities, membership application, classified ads, and a description of their fund-raising tube donation program.
Schenectady Antique Radio Club
- Club activities, contact information, photo gallery, and classified ads for collectors and restorers. Features a two-part "Evolution of Radio" article illustrated with photos of representative models.
The Xtal Set Society
- Dedicated to crystal set radios. Publishes a newsletter, and books. Offers projects, tips for design, and history.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 24, 2012 at 15:01:40 UTC -