become an editor
the entire directory
only in Radio/FAQs,_Help,_and_Tutorials
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Open Directory - Recreation: Antiques: Radio: FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
- A description of the classic "All-American" five-tube superheterodyne AC/DC AM radio circuit used in the majority of consumer receivers made in North America, from the 1930s through to the '60s. Includes a tube substitution table and a typical schematic diagram.
Atwater Kent Tech Resources
- Provides service manuals, schematics, and reference material for technicians involved in restoring and maintaining sets built from 1921 to 1936. Also includes parts fabrication drawings and high-quality redrawn schematics. The Antenna section features indoor installations from the manufacturer's instructions.
Crystal Set Design, TRF and Edison radios
- Original articles on the design of crystal radio sets with additional articles on TRF and the Edison Company radios as well as antique hearing aids.
Dave's Homemade Radios
- Dave's home built tube radios and crystal sets. Schematics and FAQ.
FM Pilotuner 601
- Rick Botti provides the instructions issued by Pilot Radio Corporation for hooking up the T-601 FM tuner to a typical vintage AM-only radio set that is not already equipped with a phono input. He also has also scans of the owner's manual, and of service notes for the T-601 including the schematic, parts list, and alignment procedure.
The GE SuperRadio FAQ
- The GE SuperRadio Frequently Asked Questions List
- Personal collection of antique radios and electronics, vacuum tube equipment repair advice, resistor decade box plans.
How to Rejuvenate your Headphones
- Evaluating and remagnetizing old headphones, with a Brandes pair used as an example. Originally was a presentation by Tom Provost and Gary D'Amico.
- Vintage radio restoration service, by Ron Ramirez Enterprises. Features a gallery of older Philco models, downloadable schematics, do-it-yourself servicing and tuning tips, identification and dating guide.
- The newsgroup FAQ separated into several different pages, with topics ranging from vacuum tube design, to suppliers, tools and test equipment, cabinet restoration, and trouble-shooting tips.
Restoration of German Tube Radios - Walter's Radioflier
- Index of schematics and tube data sheets that he has available. Hints for the repair of several sets, including a Volksempfänger VE 301 GW. List of spare parts that he has plus a list of parts he's looking for. [English and German]
Schemi Radio TV
- Database of schematics of Italian-made radios as recent as 1950, available in pdf format. Requires free registration. [English, Italian]
Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration
- Do-it-yourself repair information, valve theory, and home-made test equipment, by British collector Paul Stenning.
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:38:59 PM EDT -