become an editor
the entire directory
only in Antiques/Radio
Dealers and Repair Services
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Arts: Radio: Formats: Old-Time Radio
Business: Electronics and Electrical: Components: Vacuum Tubes
Recreation: Audio: Antique Recording Technologies
Recreation: Audio: Jukeboxes
Recreation: Pets: Dogs: Famous Dogs: Nipper
Recreation: Radio: Amateur: Boatanchors
Shopping: Antiques and Collectibles: Radios
This category in other languages:
- The "Radio and Television" subcategories, with a large collection of vintage print advertisements dating from the '20s to the '50s. Each image is scanned in color, at 72 and 150 dpi resolutions, and they give information about the source publication.
Antique Radio Webring
- Web sites about collecting, buying, selling, and trading vintage and antique radios.
Antique Radios Online
- A site for collectors and restorers of vintage and collectible radios. On-line forums, resources, and chat, supported by a dedicated and experienced membership.
Atwater Kent Radio
- Features history, pictures by model, advertising, schematics and items for sale.
LaM31 Galaxy of Transistor Radios
- Photos, graphics and information on American, Japanese, and European transistor radios from the golden age of the transistor radio, 1954 - 1962.
National Valve Museum
- Thermionic valves museum with photos.
- Large free online resource for antique and vintage radios, with over fifty thousand pages of scanned Riders schematics, service manuals, tube cross reference, articles, and forums.
Phil's Old Radios
- Covers a variety of am, shortwave and amateur band receivers.
The Philco Repair Bench
- Chuck Schwark provides many resources for the Philco radio collector and restorer, ranging from parts cross-references, to service information on some of the more obscure features such as the "Beam-Of-Light" tonearm pickup, and an identification guide for early cathedral models.
- Discussion of the various valve types which may be used in the Racal RA17/117 HF receivers.
- An article by James D. Keeline about the series of juvenile novels written by several ghostwriters under the pen name of "Allen Chapman" and others in the 1920s. Includes images of original covers.
- Austrian radio history, with a profile of Eng. Franz Zehetner (1907-1986) and his radio and television products, with photographs and advertising copy. [Mostly German, but with some English text]
Silver, Sounds, and Stuff
- An archive of over 1000 photos of antique radios, information on future and past club meetings and auctions, and reference material for repairing old sets.
Vintage Radio and Audio Pages
- Brian McAllister's restoration resources, in the form of high-resolution GIF images of service notes and schematics for many radios, audio amplifiers and preamplifiers, phonos, and tuners. He has a special section for several German radios (Grundig and Telefunken).
Vintage Radio Resources
- Information and resources for the collecting restoring and repairing of vintage radios, valve or transistor. Includes a photo gallery.
Vintage Radios UK
- Collector of antique/vintage radios, valves and service data. Includes model service information, resources, classified ads, and links.
VK2DYM Military Radio and Radar Information Site.
- Technical information, photos and history of Australian military and domestic radio and lesser known equipment, publications and events.
WA2ISE Old Radios
- Information, pictures and schematics. History of the All-American 5. Includes modifications, and sub-miniature tube info.
Worldwide Vintage Wireless Database
- Mainly UK and North American sets from the 1920s to the 1960s. Picture galleries include thousands of photographs of radios, devices (valves or tubes) and device boxes.
Usenet rec.antiques.radio+phono -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 22, 2015 at 18:24:09 UTC -