become an editor
the entire directory
only in Antiques/Photographs
Arts: Photography: Equipment and Services: Cameras: Collecting
Arts: Photography: Photographers: Historical
Arts: Photography: Reference: History
Shopping: Antiques and Collectibles: Cameras and Photographs
- Historical photographs of people, mainly taken in Germany from 1870 to 1930.
American Museum of Photography
- View great images from the history of photography, daguerreotypes to Ansel Adams. Features Americana, Civil War, Wild West, portraits, scenes, photojournalism, plus services for collectors and researchers.
Art and Medicine
- A bibliographical resource for scholars interested in nineteenth century medical photography. The site also provides information for scholars interested in contemporary narrative medicine.
- Collection of over 700,000 vintage photographs specializing in medical and historical images. Services offered include stock photograph licensing, research, and creation of exhibitions and documentaries.
Carte-de-Visite, Victorian Photographs
- An Archive of small Victorian photographs useful to those interested in the history of fashion and photography.
- Features color images of daguerreotypes. Includes information about each image and links to other daguerreotype sites.
The Daguerreian Society
- Dedicated to the history, science, and art of the daguerreotype. This site features galleries, resources, and information.
Daguerreotypes at Harvard
- An online exhibition of daguerreotypes selected from Harvard's collection. Includes notes and information about each image.
- Brief story of the Daguerreotype. Includes an image gallery, shopping, and links.
The Library of Congress
- Extensive online exhibitions of historic photographs and documents. Includes the American Memory Historical Collections, a display of American history in words, sound, and pictures.
North American Tour ca 1885
- A site created to help try to identify the people and locations in a collection of 19th Century round photographs. Identified views include Yosemite and Hotel Del Monte, a Victorian hotel in Monterey CA.
- Collection of early historic photographs from around the globe.
Photographies Stereoscopiques 1850-1871
- Online gallery of early stereoviews of Paris, Montmatre, Lyon, plus other areas of France and Egypt. Includes a brief history of photography, and links.
A Sad Century Tale
- Collection of vintage photos and postcards from Russian family albums, mainly featuring families and children.
Shorpy Historical Photo Archive
- High-resolution vintage photo archive with images to the 1940s. Free registration provides ability to upload and share photographs.
- Offering images, history, and information on Stanhopes, the miniature microphotographic lenses incorporated into many novelty collectables produced from the mid-19th century onwards.
Visit The Past
- Archive of old photos of the United Kingdom.
William R. Howell
- History and selected photographs of a forgotten 19th Century New York City photographer.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 8, 2015 at 5:24:05 UTC -