become an editor
the entire directory
only in Antiques/Medical_and_Scientific
Medical and Scientific
Recreation: Collecting: Glassware: Bottles
Science: Instruments and Supplies
Society: History: By Topic: Science
- Photographs of a collection of stick barometers and wheel barometers, with details of their dates and history. Restoration and sales offered.
Alex Peck Antique Scientifica
- Sells antique medical, surgical, dental, and Civil War medical related artifacts. Online illustrated catalogue and archive of sold items.
- Buyer of antique microscopes presents articles, photographs, and list of patents.
Antique Spectacles and Other Visual Aids
- Historical and educational links with pictures.
Antiques of Science and Technology
- Historical instruments of science and technology, for sale, repaired, and bought, for collectors, museums, awards for scientific achievements, replications for historical research and scientific movie props.
- Buys and sells antique brass microscopes and telescopes. Credit Cards accepted.
The Barometer Shop
- Buying, selling, repair, and restoration of antique mercurial and aneroid barometers, clocks and watches. Also restore other types of antiques. Includes examples of stock. Located in Leominster, England.
Cathode Ray Tube Site
- A collection of x-ray, camera and cathode ray tubes (CRTs), as well as other electronic glassware. Includes the history of old physics equipment and links to similar sites.
EBL Historical Collection
- Images of medicine-makers advertising cards.
Edison's Universal Stock Ticker
- A collection of antique tickertape machines which details the histors of Wall Street and the stock market.
Eye Antiques and Collectibles
- Eye antiques display items from the ophthalmic past including glasses spectacles, ophthalmoscopes, microscopes, and eye exam items.
- Sells a full range of scientific instruments, including globes and planetaria, mineralogical apparatus, microscopes and accessories, calculating apparatus, and physics demonstration apparatus.
Health Physics Historical Instrumentation Collection
- Photos and descriptions of radiation-related items from the past, including dosimeters, electroscopes, ionization chambers, radioactive sources, safety posters, quack cures, geiger-mueller counters, fluoroscopes used to fit shoes, and x-ray apparatus.
Here Today, Here Tomorrow
- Online exhibit of varieties of medical ephemera.
- Brass microscopes, optical and other scientific instruments, books about microscopes and microscopy.
International Society of Antique Scale Collectors (ISASC)
- Galleries of scales, weights, and measures. Scale tutorial, membership information and application.
Kunstkammer Georg Laue
- A Kunstkammer collection of 'curiosities and wonders', where Renaissance and Baroque art meet science. Objects made from a variety of exotic materials are displayed with accompanying educational text.
Le Saint Georges
- Antique dealer specialised in scientifics instruments, globes and planetarium, sundials and microscopes.
Medical and Scientific Antique Collection
- Curious Science is a specialist dealer in medical, scientific and curiosity antiques from around the world. The shop is located in Fulham, London, UK.
Medical and Scientific Instruments
- A collection of medical instruments used in anesthesia and gynecology with a section on medical electricity. (In Italian, French and English)
Medical Antiques Collector
- Dedicated to the history of medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, and quackery as found in the antiques and art of the past. Introduction to the hobby and tips for beginners.
Medical Antiques Online
- Collection includes images and descriptions of stethoscopes and other medical items.
- Educational site for collectors and those interested in antique medical, surgical, and bloodletting instruments.
Museum of Microscopy
- Site contains a museum of classical microscopes ranging from the first European microscopes built in the sixteenth century to modern microscopes from around the world.
Museum of Questionable Medical Devices
- Offers displays of quackery, fraud, deceit and deception; an online collection of medical chicanery.
- Manufacturers and suppliers of barometer parts mercury tubes and thermometers for the repair and restoration of antique and modern barometers.
- Presents a collection grouped by medical specialty, with photographs and descriptions of each item.
- English seller and repairer consistent with the original specifications of the device.
Scales and Weights
- A collection of all types of historical scales and weights from different periods of the past 3000 years.
Scientific Medical & Mechanical Antiques
- Complete articles are posted from the journal, American Artifacts, on early microscope makers, hand corn shellers, early surveying instruments, a variety of quack medical devices, as well as information on early patents.
Sheffield Museum of Anaesthesia
- Includes selection of old anaesthetic equipment which offers an insight into the evolution of the specialty of anaesthesia over the past century.
- Austrian dealer of antique medical and scientific instruments including globes.
Weights of an Apothecary
- A resource site for the antique weights formerly used by apothecaries, chemists, druggists and pharmacists. Most British weights of the 19th and 20th centuries illustrated and described. A forum for exchange of information and discussion
Wunderkammer Scientific Curiosities, Artefacts and Ephemera
- Both a retail store and scientific and natural history museum specialising in medical and scientific instruments, natural history specimens and models. The website posts a news page every month.
Medical and Scientific
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 9, 2014 at 17:54:07 UTC -