the entire directory
only in News/Weblogs
Open Directory - News: Weblogs
Computers: Internet: On the Web: Weblogs
News: Analysis and Opinion: Personal
This category in other languages:
- Commentary and critique of topical events. Andrew Lee's summary of various news events, plus links to the full stories.
- Funny, bracing or important posts by the house-bound Gary Farber who offers his views on news, politics, the media, history, science, and science fiction.
- Daily roundup of interesting sites, sounds and stuff as netcasts, newscasts, and noisecasts.
- Encourages activism in business, education, environment, health, science, technology and travel. The work of John Fitzpatrick.
- Forum and weblog for Neil Doyle, the author of Terror Base UK and Terror Tracker. Topics covered specialise in international terrorism, covert anti-terrorist operations, and the inner working of Britain.
- An acerbic, satirical, outraged and occasionally outrageous look at news, politics and miscellaneous oddities.
Backstage with Supak
- Watching the Junta in the White House and other stories of note with stagehand Scott Supak, backstage in Hollywood. Features links, quotes, pictures, and free stuff.
Bill's Weekly News Pick
- Bill Oglesby, a lawyer and award-winning anchor/reporter, picks a noteworthy news show and gives his in-depth analysis of it.
Bill's Weekly News Pick
- Award-winning reporter Bill Oglesby picks a noteworthy news show and offers an in-depth analysis of it. [Atom]
- Have your say on the latest UK news from entertainment to current affairs or just chat with other Brits on the message board.
- Daily updates on the Internet and its social and public policy implications useful websites, political/ cultural musings. From David Brake a UK-based academic (PhD researcher @ the LSE), Internet consultant and journalist.
Blogger News Network
- Blogging site with dozens of contributors, covering aspects of the news business from a citizen journalist perspective.
Bob Stepno's Other Journalism Weblog
- Thoughts, notes and headlines about news reporting, personal and community journalism on the Web. The name refers to the author's view that weblogging itself is the "other journalism" mode of the modern era.
- The eclectic views of Seattle Post-Intelligencer columnist, Brian Chin, a senior online producer and a native Seattleite. Covers technology, politics and social trends.
Charlotte's Web Blog
- Opinions of author and syndicated columnist Charlotte Laws covering topics involving philosophy, politics, law, education and current events. Particular focus given to animal rights, and environmentalism.
- Marty Davis comments on print, broadcast and online news.
Choate & Co
- Mark S. Choate provides an insider's look at the conflict between old media and new. Includes a resume and regular updates covering business and technology issues.
- Ed Kemmick of the Billings Gazette, provides a collection of raw ruminations and cogitations.
- A pop culture blog that takes a dim view on celebrity fawning, media and power.
Daily Kos at FishyShark.com
- Political analysis and other daily rants.
- Weblog referring to news stories and flash files of note.
Don't Be A Shamed
- A news weblog, with a bit of politics and culture thrown in, written by a DC-based libertarian-conservative Republican.
Don’t mind me, just talking to myself
- The work of Andy Riga, a reporter and occasional political writer at The Gazette in Montreal.
Editor on the Verge
- Musings from the newsroom and beyond by Yoni Greenbaum, an experienced and award-winning newspaper and online journalist.
- Constantly updated news, current events, analysis and punditry from a decidedly conservative, sarcastic and educated perspective.
- documenting the Elian Gonzalez story.
Everything I Know Is Wrong
- Political and philosophical commentary from a classical liberal (in the U.S. that means conservative) viewpoint.
Fables of the Reconstruction
- Weblog about law, politics, sex and Philadelphia, written by an anonymous kinky liberal lawyer.
- Bits about technology, books, publishing, and miscellany from the author of several computer books. A display of customizable headlines from hundreds of sites. And mice.
Free Internet Press
- Create an account and submit original news and items from other sites. A collaborative, non-profit project.
GregBender dot Com News
- News that Greg Bender thinks relevant, mostly computer/hardware/software news.
- Critical observations from a journalist keeping an eye on all media, especially print and broadcast.
Guardian Unlimited - Newsblog
- Team weblog from the British newspaper's news team, augmented with dispatches from their journalists around the world.
Guardian Unlimited weblog
- Links to noteworthy journalism from around the web, from the UK online news service of the year.
Guardian.co.uk Technology: Blogging
- Starting point to a set of news stories providing introductory information about all aspects of blogging.
- News offered with a unique, quantitative approach to editorial policy. Link at the footer of each story explains the formula as to how article's length was set proportional to the estimated number of lives affected.
- Glenn Reynolds' weblog offers opinions on current events, as well as humor and personal notes.
James Wolcott's Blog
- Vanity Fair contributing editor blogs about politics and current events.
- Tracks issues in online journalism. Covering trends, providing analysis and creating tutorials for journalists.
- Deals with current trends in online journalism. Also includes personal observations about life in Scandinavia.
- Another small attempt at disseminating progressive thought.
Little Bites of Point
- Current events and commentary, updated multiple times daily. Provide feedback to stories listed.
- Comments and links about international, national and Tennessee-related events. Covering politics, religion and other topics from a conservative viewpoint.
- Dan Kennedy blogs about the press, politics, technology, culture and other passions.
- Community based news oriented weblog.
- Weblog offering Internet marketing news, press releases, product announcements, statistics, tips and commentary.
- Conservative journalist's analysis of current events and politics.
- All the news that's fit to ridicule.
Military News Watch
- A reality check for news coverage of military issues.
Monkey Media Report
- Watchdog weblog covering the American media.
- Contains journalism on international issues, the humanities, and technology. Written by a professional journalist and poet.
- Commentary on pop culture, news, and politics figure.
My Free Press
- Buck Macklin's weblog information, news, and links to assorted websites.
- News analysis with an emphasis on labor and progressive politics.
Net Lease News
- News on sale leaseback transactions, lease financings, and the sale of single tenant net leased real estate investments worldwide. Weblog editor: Patrick R. Mickey.
- International news and current affairs.
- Forum for news discussion community. Also lists topical items about which people can comment.
- Dedicated to discoveries, trends in the humanities, sciences, travel news, x-treme sports, martial arts, alternative, meditation, technology news, culture, sport news, special news.
- Commentary about topical events and personalities. Has an emphasis on following news in India. [Atom]
- A newsletter and website that covers all the news from politics to pop culture, from Jerusalem to JLo. It's your dinner party prep.
Notes from the Newsroom
- Newsroom blogs from The Oklahoman. Covers the week in review, trivia, my two bits, and the weekly news quiz.
- General news blog from some of the staff at the British newspaper. Includes mobile, gallery and audio posts, along with podcasts and RSS fees.
- Daily odd ball and political news with an active forum to discuss current events.
- Liberal weblog commentary on the environment, politics, technology, culture, and periodically, space colonization.
- A pair of twenty-something writer-journalists writing about current Philippine news and issues.
Politics in the Zeros
- Musings on politics, California, water, and otherwise.
Prague Writer, Jim Freeman
- Political and current event commentary by author Jim Freeman, an American citizen living in the Czech Republic.
Problems in America, Solutions for America
- This site features original articles on such topics as current events, politics, and controversial, contemporary issues and interests.
- Covers news, politics, sports, business and entertainment items - with a tinge of Indianesse.
Ready Fire Aim
- Interesting news and statistics in media, business, technology, and life in San Francisco.
Reality Bites Back
- Steve Gosset, a veteran of print and broadcast news, now watches the industry from the sidelines and assess news coverage and content. Offers opinions on a wide range of topical items.
- Journalist Vin Crosbie, Dorian Benkoil, Bob Cauthorn and professor Ben Compaine share their views on the fate of media, its misguided attempts to harness new technologies, and where it lost touch with reader interests.
Red Pepper News
- Left, green and radical perspectives on news and current affairs. Comments aims at "raising the political temperature".
- Regularly updated commentary and analysis of rhetoric and spin in politics and journalism.
- Schwartzreport is a daily publication in favour of the earth, the inter-connectedness and interdependence of all life, democracy, liberty, and things that are life affirming. It also warns readers about actions, and events that threaten those values. Stories have been vetted for accuracy by either a significant peer reviewed research journal or, at the least, a major journalistic publication.
Scoobie Davis Online
- San Diego media critic shares his views on popular culture and current news stories.
- Social Uproar investigates the innovative ways that Social Media is being used to induce Social Change. Advice on how to use social media is available for charities and activists.
- Speckz.com is your portal to everything computer related!
Spew It Forward
- Book reviews, general rants and a daily quest to find the answers in life.
- Opinion on politics and technology. Also the Opinion Roundup, a handy summary of the opinions of editorial pages, pundits, and politicians.
- Views and stories from a retired globetrotter. Multilingual ex-expat blogs from Copenhagen. Also offers pictures, comments and essays on news items from the surrealism of European immigration to China's HR crunch.
- Random comments on events of the day.
- Covering politics, current events, technology, and items that catch Tyler's eye.
The Calico Cat
- A weblog about business, economics, law, politics, and current events - nothing about cats.
- Weblog with links to news stories of interest, plus commentary.
The Constant Observer
- Deals with the intersection of media, technology, and social networking. Includes schedule of Tish Grier speaking engagements.
- The weblog of a liberal, humanist, ex-military pilot.
The Green Ribbon
- London-based Irish journalist, Tom Griffin, offers news, analysis and opinion.
The Hidden World
- Artist Shea Holliman comments on news stories of interest to him.
The Huffington Post
- Offers syndicated columnists, blogs and news stories with moderated comments.
- News, opinion, and discussion critical of the Bush Administration.
- A Libertarian-Democratic leaning Californian-turned-Pennsylvanian college student's weblog. Covering politics, sports, religion, politics, entertainment, and politics. 100% organic, PABA-free.
- Derek Willis largely focuses on journalism and computer-assisted reporting. Deals with how reporters can use spreadsheets, databases, mapping and statistical programs to make stories better.
- Original commentary and analysis focusing on public policy, international relations, sex roles, crime, education, and medicine.
- Delivering opinionated media to opinionated people. Welcomes submissions.
- Magnus Bernhardsen is an anti-war, anti-EU, left-wing Norwegian who writes mostly about politics.
The Thorn Papers
- Sample the thoughts of Mitch Cohen, a writer and political media analyst working out of Mississippi. Also links to an online archive of his editorial pieces previously published in a variety of newspapers.
- Canadian conservative weblog that publishes daily commentary on political events in Canada.
- Funny and cool video clips. Televisions skits, cartoons, jokes and humor. Flash games and cartoons, tons to do.
This is News
- Weblog with general and internet news.
Topix - Blog News
- Headline links about news on blogs and blogging collected from diverse media sources worldwide.
- News, commentary and fun things found on the Internet.
UFO News Blog
- UFOs, extraterrestrials sightings and news. Other paranormal and unexplained news.
- News of interest to the interested: The good news along with the bad, and especially the ugly.
- Posts on current events and culture, focused from an economic perspective.
- Providing small journalistic forum and tools for contributors. Multilingual site claiming to be a platform for free thinkers globally.
Washington Post - Blog Directory
- Comprehensive listing of the newspaper's blogs, organized by subject. Includes archives of no longer current blogs.
What Does Not Change
- My writing on politics, Rilke, some photography and other little web projects.
- Freelance writer, editor, and consultant in based in Washington, DC, comments on grammar, word choice, and the business of writing. Also deals with the topics of international development, defense news, finance, and leisure.
- All kinds of odd and interesting news on the web.
- A personal view of Ian Lind from the newsroom of the Honolulu Star-Bulletin, which is at the center of a precedent-setting legal battle over the antitrust limits of newspaper joint operating agreements.
- Keeping watch on the collision of conventional rights (such as free speech) and the internet, and researching new expressions of those rights.
- Mickey Kaus follows developments in politics, advertising, business, and the media. A Slate weblog.
- Personal observations of Dr Simon Howard, a British public health doctor. Deals with UK current affairs, politics, book reviews and humour.
snowdeal.org | conflux
- A weblog that provides daily updates and links to news items and stories related to science and technology, culture, privacy and the media.
Back to Iraq 3.0
- Being a recounting of my journalistic adventures concerning Iraq [RSS]
- Covers topical and controversial news, with a prime focus on Barbados. [RSS]
Bob Stepno's Other Journalism Weblog
- Explores the topic of online community journalism as being today's alternative mode of news coverage. [RSS]
Charlotte's Web Blog
- Syndicated columnist Charlotte Laws shares her views on philosophy, politics, law, education and current events. Gives particular focus to animal rights, and environmentalism. [RSS]
HuffingtonPost.com: The Full Feed
- Latest stories and commentary. [RSS]
- Daily commentary on news, politics and pop culture from columnist Joy-Ann Reid. [RSS]
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, February 18, 2013 11:59:45 PM EST -