become an editor
the entire directory
only in Weather/Aviation
Open Directory - News: Weather: Aviation
Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Meteorology
This category in other languages:
Aviation Digital Data Service (ADDS)
- An aviation weather graphics site including icing, turbulence, and convection. Also includes a "Flight Path Tool" for pilots.
Ace's Pilot Shop Weather Data
- Aviation weather and flight planning, including forecasts, observations, weather maps, DUATS briefings, icing, and turbulence.
- Get METARs, TAFs, PIREPs, and weather charts on your mobile phone (and iPhone).
- Displays live pilot reports, current and forecast weather (PIREPs, METARs, TAFs), temporary flight restrictions (TFRs) with optional radar overlays using Google maps.
Aviation Weather Center
- The National Weather Service's aviation weather site with official forecast products as well as experimental products.
- Customized weather for balloon pilots. METARs, TAFs, winds aloft, sunrise/set for multiple stations compared side by side, all codes translated to English and times converted to local.
- Aviation Weather for Flight Preparation with TAF Metar Sigmet Radar and Sat-pictures.
CWSU National TAF METAR maps
- National U.S. maps of real-time METARs and TAFs. Zoom or mouse-over for current conditions. Plots current weather, including cloud heights, for flying/aviation.
Data Transformation Corp DUAT
- FAA's Direct User Access Terminal service provides free aviation weather and flight planning for certified pilots in the US.
- Provides local weather information in real time to ground personnel and pilots through local terminals, standard UNICOM frequencies, telephone and Internet.
- Obtain plain-language weather briefings using exclusive WXpert translation. View up-to-date weather graphics. Helps prepare and file flight plans. Available both on the Web and on mobile PDAs (Palm i705, etc.)
- Aggregated international aviation weather charts, METARs and TAFs from many sources presented in an easy to read and searchable format.
Flying in Europe
- Weather information for flying in Europe, including all airport notams, calculations, country information, airport webcams, FBO database, and all aviation abbreviations.
METAR and TAF Archive
- Archive of current and historical METAR and TAF reports for airports worldwide.
- Metar, Taf, satellite images, airport maps and nearby POI's delivered via mobile phone.
Pilot Weather Briefing
- Free weather information for pilots, including surface conditions, upper level winds, turbulence, icing, thunderstorms, TAFs and Metars, radar and satellite images.
SA Weather Service - Aviation
- Provides weather services for the aviation industry in Southern Africa. Includes metars, sigmet charts and forecasts.
- Turbulence forecast maps for around the world.
Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc.
- Provides aviation weather services and free video broadcasts to corporate pilots.
Upper Midwest Aviation Weather
- Central reference for aviation weather resources, focusing on current and forecast conditions in the upper midwest region of the US, including Minnesota, Wisconsin, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Iowa.
Winds and Temperatures Aloft
- By selecting one of over 160 continental cities in the U.S.A. or one of 30 cities in Alaska, you can obtain wind direction, speed, and temperature forecasts.
- Provides pre-flight and in-flight weather information. Aviation weather also available online through WSI Pilotbrief.
Usenet alt.talk.weather -
Usenet sci.geo.meteorology -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, June 22, 2013 5:35:06 AM EDT -