become an editor
the entire directory
only in Weather/Aviation
Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Meteorology
This category in other languages:
Aviation Digital Data Service (ADDS)
- An aviation weather graphics site including icing, turbulence, and convection. Also includes a "Flight Path Tool" for pilots.
Ace's Pilot Shop Weather Data
- Aviation weather and flight planning, including forecasts, observations, weather maps, DUATS briefings, icing, and turbulence.
- Displays live pilot reports, current and forecast weather (PIREPs, METARs, TAFs), temporary flight restrictions (TFRs) with optional radar overlays using Google maps.
Aviation Weather Center
- The National Weather Service's aviation weather site with official forecast products as well as experimental products.
- Customized weather for balloon pilots. METARs, TAFs, winds aloft, sunrise/set for multiple stations compared side by side, all codes translated to English and times converted to local.
- Aviation Weather for Flight Preparation with TAF Metar Sigmet Radar and Sat-pictures.
CWSU National TAF METAR maps
- National U.S. maps of real-time METARs and TAFs. Zoom or mouse-over for current conditions. Plots current weather, including cloud heights, for flying/aviation.
Data Transformation Corp DUAT
- FAA's Direct User Access Terminal service provides free aviation weather and flight planning for certified pilots in the US.
- Provides local weather information in real time to ground personnel and pilots through local terminals, standard UNICOM frequencies, telephone and Internet.
- Obtain plain-language weather briefings using exclusive WXpert translation. View up-to-date weather graphics. Helps prepare and file flight plans. Available both on the Web and on mobile PDAs (Palm i705, etc.)
- Aggregated international aviation weather charts, METARs and TAFs from many sources presented in an easy to read and searchable format.
Flying in Europe
- Weather information for flying in Europe, including all airport notams, calculations, country information, airport webcams, FBO database, and all aviation abbreviations.
METAR and TAF Archive
- Archive of current and historical METAR and TAF reports for airports worldwide.
- Metar, Taf, satellite images, airport maps and nearby POI's delivered via mobile phone.
Pilot Weather Briefing
- Free weather information for pilots, including surface conditions, upper level winds, turbulence, icing, thunderstorms, TAFs and Metars, radar and satellite images.
SA Weather Service - Aviation
- Provides weather services for the aviation industry in Southern Africa. Includes metars, sigmet charts and forecasts.
- Turbulence forecast maps for around the world.
Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc.
- Provides aviation weather services and free video broadcasts to corporate pilots.
Winds and Temperatures Aloft
- By selecting one of over 160 continental cities in the U.S.A. or one of 30 cities in Alaska, you can obtain wind direction, speed, and temperature forecasts.
- Provides pre-flight and in-flight weather information. Aviation weather also available online through WSI Pilotbrief.
Usenet alt.talk.weather -
Usenet sci.geo.meteorology -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 30, 2014 at 6:24:04 UTC -