become an editor
the entire directory
only in Media_Industry/Watchdogs
Media Bias and Balance
U.S. Politics Fact Checking
News: Media Industry: Analysis and Opinion
Society: Activism: Media
Accuracy in Media
- Conservative watchdog group for fairness, balance and accuracy in news reporting.
- Foundation with goal of changing the way society and the mass media interact.
Center for Media and Democracy
- A wiki-based investigative journalism collaborative focused on the public relations industry and whistle-blowing manipulative or misleading practices. Contribute to a quarterly investigative journal, the Weekly Spin listserv, donate or draw on newsfeeds.
Columbia Journalism Review
- Publication serving as a watchdog of the press in all its forms.
- From Terry Krepel, a watchdog of conservative Internet news sources. About the site, criticism, reader letters, archives, links and books for sale.
FactCheck.org - Annenberg Political Fact Check
- Monitors the factual accuracy of what is said by major U.S. political players in the form of TV ads, debates, speeches, interviews, and news releases. Offers email newsletter.
Fairness & Accuracy In Reporting (FAIR)
- National media watchdog group advocating independence and criticism in journalism.
Franklin Center for Government & Public Integrity
- Identifies, trains and supports journalists working to detect and expose government corruption and incompetence, supporting transparency, accountability and fiscal responsibility.
Global Media Monitoring Project
- A twice-a-decade study of the media’s news coverage to be undertaken worldwide with the aim of documenting the participation and portrayal of men and women in the world’s news media.
- Art Science Research Laboratory's project works to improve journalistic methodology, holding the media accountable by examining concrete, measurable errors of fact and ethical breaches encountered in the press.
Media Matters for America
- A non-profit progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media. Founded by David Brock.
Media Monitors Network
- Grass roots watchdog of media coverage which seeks to uncover journalistic and media bias and provide contrary information and opinions.
- Organization focusing on media literacy and the challenging of stereotypes commonly found in the media.
Media Watch (ABC TV)
- A leading forum for Australian media analysis. Summary, news, bungled stories and viewable episodes of the weekly program, plus archive of previous coverage.
- Nonprofit site dedicated to the political, social, and cultural impacts of the media.
Morality in Media
- Established in 1962 by Father Morton A. Hill, S.J. (1917-1985), to combat obscenity and to uphold decency standards in the media. MIM maintains the National Obscenity Law Center, a clearinghouse of legal materials on obscenity law.
National Institute on Media and the Family
- Providing research and education on the media's effect on families and children.
- Volunteer watchdog group focused on FOX News. Includes blog, video, newsletter, forum and how to support.
On the Media
- Site representing weekly, one-hour National Public Radio program devoted to media criticism and analysis.
Press Complaints Commission
- Independent organisation monitoring British newspapers and magazines to ensure they adhere to ethical guidelines. Deals with issues such as inaccuracy, privacy, misrepresentation and harassment.
- Locating stories about significant issues of which the public should be aware, but is not, for one reason or another.
SourceWatch - Regulating Media Content
- Encyclopedia article focused U.S. bills aimed at regulating social media.
- Weblog and articles highlight abuses of science and statistics regarding policy issues.
- Art Science Research Laboratory's Media Ethics Project works to improve journalistic methodology, holding the media accountable by examining concrete, measurable errors of fact and ethical breaches encountered in the press.
- Monitoring the American television networks' weekday nightly newscasts.
Media Matters for America
- Reports and critique of recent incidents of conservative political bias in the U.S. media. [RSS]
- Advocating for more rigorous and scientific journalistic methodology. [RSS]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 20, 2015 at 2:45:05 UTC -