become an editor
the entire directory
only in Participatory/Resources
Arts: Movies: Filmmaking: Online Venues
Arts: Writers Resources: Non-Fiction
Computers: Internet: On the Web: Weblogs: Resources
News: Journalism: Resources
Center for Citizen Media
- Founded by Dan Gillmor, the nonprofit center aims at helping to enable grassroots media at every level. Lists current projects.
- Press agency for citizen reporters to sell photographs and videos worldwide. Also offers buyers guide for digital cameras and camcorders. Partly owned by Agence France presse. [In English and French].
Electronic Frontier Foundation: Legal Guide for Bloggers
- Nonprofit group working to protect digital rights. Offers information about legal issues related to intellectual property (copyrights), privacy, access to public records, defamation (libel), election and labor law, and obscenity issues.
- Share photos of breaking news. Best are selected to be highlighted at CNN.com in its "I-Reports" section.
Flickr: Photojournalism 2.0
- Group sharing and discussing citizen and collaborative photojournalism assignments.
I-Report Toolkit: Trade Secrets
- Tips on how to take great photos, videos, and audio when reporting. Also available as PDF.
J-Lab: The Institute for Interactive Journalism
- Active organization promoting the development, study and training of participatory journalists.
The Largemouth Citizen Journalism Manual
- Documents five steps to becoming a citizen journalist. Compiled by a group of professional journalists who volunteer time to teach anyone the skills to produce accurate, compelling news reports.
Online Journalism Review
- Covers issues about online news worldwide. Resource for news industry leaders, publishers, editors, bloggers, educators and anyone watching trends in news-gathering.
Our Media: Personal Media Learning Center
- Provides "how-to" guides for videoblogs, podcasts, and filing multi-media news stories. Also offers a repository of audio, video and photo content, and an open media directory.
The Pew Center For Civic Journalism
- An incubator to help stimulate citizen involvement in community issues. Guidelines for funding, lists projects, research, plus entry details for the Batten Award for Civic Journalism.
- Collaborative directory of people, organizations and issues shaping the public agenda. Catalogs PR firms, activist groups and government agencies, along with the criticisms that are made of these groups from different perspectives.
Wikinews: Original reporting
- Offers guidelines for reporters. Covers sourcing, disclosure of potential conflicts, and preparing for interviews.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 20, 2013 at 20:25:32 UTC -