become an editor
the entire directory
only in Media_Industry/Participatory
Access to Airwaves
This category in other languages:
- People in the UK sharing items of interest to discuss and rank the latest news items. Create a profile and submit content.
- Citizen journalism site for posting news, information and events. Currently covering California, Illinois, Maryland and Virginia.
- Details about a not-for-profit body offering workshops in documentary film making. Project list and gallery showcases the use of participatory video in the developing world to address issues such as HIV/AIDS, displacement, natural disaster, and youth empowerment.
- Register to vote and discuss items listed in news directory.
- Project enabling people to write about news events in their U.S. city. Contributors' input ranked according to popularity.
- Accepts video, photos and audio from a computer or cell phone. A compilation of news items submitted by citizen journalism.
- News and information covering the San Mateo county communities. Open for readers to post stories, add to the conversation, or ask a question.
- Resource for news, information, pictures and events relevant to the Ozarks, Missouri.
- A focal point for citizens’ media. Providing training, online tutorials, and free open-source tools for people around the world to use safely to express themselves. Offers weblog, wiki, and aggregator of international weblogs.
- Dealing with participatory journalism, and how audiences shape tomorrow's news. Written by media design consultants Chris Willis and Shayne Bowman.
- Alternative information source and community forum for Brattleboro, VT.
- Community discussion website focused on primarily on culture and technology. Content generated and selected by the users, with the exception of site news which is written by the editors.
- Platform where citizens can share news and debate general issues. Content tends to focus on events in India.
- A platform for public journalism. Submit insights and opinions, news and events.
Muncie Free Press
- Publishing citizen and volunteer submitted journalism for East Central Indiana. Includes user guide, blogs, frequently asked questions, and contact form.
- Register to add a news story, comment or write a column. Open source, community news service, which lets members customize the news viewed.
- Vancouver-based platform for participatory news-gathering. Global posts of news, photos, and video.
- Online newspaper with the motto "every citizen is a reporter". The majority of articles are written by freelance contributors.
Publish A Letter .com
- Send letters to the editor of any English language newspaper in the world. In case the letter is not printed, post the letter also on this site.
- Register and write articles on any sports-related event. Vote, discuss and set the forum's agenda.
- Citizen journalism and networking site, with a particular focus on rural places. Tools for creating classifieds, weblogs and for sharing events, links, and images.
- Group of bloggers in Boston write about community news and information.
- That’s “wicked” as in “very” – not “witch.” Provides tools for New England communities to write stories, join forums, post events, upload videos and publish pictures.
Wikinews:Wikinews needs you!
- Explains the basics of writing articles for the Wikinews community, how to edit a page, plus links to the newsroom and tips on how to ask for help.
- Grassroots local news site covering community events in Winnipeg, Canada. Contribute, comment and blog.
- Community site to share stories and photos, events, weblog items and classifieds among USA-based neighborhoods.
- Find feature news content from a citizen journalist site with a focus on India. [RSS]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 22, 2015 at 5:45:03 UTC -