become an editor
the entire directory
only in Media_Industry/Organizations
Open Directory - News: Media Industry: Organizations
Public Relations Associations
Telecommunications Trade Associations
Media Access Advocacy
This category in other languages:
Association of Regional News Channels
- Professional association of local and regional cable news organizations in North America.
Botswana Media Consultative Council (BMCC)
- A non-profit, non-government organization promoting the democratic development of multi-media in Botswana.
The Brechner Center
- A Freedom of Information center and source for media law developments at the College of Journalism and Communications, University of Florida.
Center for Media and Public Affairs
- Media analysis, research and educational resources.
Center for Rural Strategies
- Media production, consulting and planning on rural issues.
- Organization focusing on media development and raising the professional qualifications of journalists in the Caucasus, Central Asia, the Balkans and Switzerland. Includes online newsletter and media bulletin.
Communications Workers of America
- Represents workers in telecommunications, printing and news media, public service, health care, and other industries.
Consumer Project on Technology
- Advocates for the public interest in telecommunications and technology policies.
The European Broadcasting Union
- Professional association of national broadcasters that negotiates and advocates for interests of public broadcasters in Europe.
Federal Communications Bar Association
- An organization of attorneys and other professionals, involved in the development, interpretation and practice of communications law and policy.
Institute of Communication Ethics
- Promotes recognition of the role of ethics across the range of all communications.
The International Communications Forum
- Organisation dedicated to upholding high standards of ethics in the media
Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI)
- Provides translations of Arabic, Persian, Urdu-Pashtu, and Turkish media, as well as original analysis of political, ideological, intellectual, social, cultural, and religious trends in the Middle East.
National Association of Broadcasters
- News, position statements, research, information and resources from major industry organization of broadcasters.
Parents Television Council
- Acts to bring positive, family-oriented television programming to the U.S. entertainment industry. Organization information and news, individual action projects, and viewing recommendations.
Rocky Mountain Media Watch
- News, information, research studies and other resources from advocacy organization that is highly critical of mainstream media.
Silha Center for the Study of Media Ethics and Law
- Media research center affiliated with University of Minnesota.
World Association of Community Broadcasters
- Represents international community-based broadcasters. [In English, French, Spanish].
World Media Force Organization
- Mission statement, media news, tips for broadcasters, and membership information.
World Press Freedom Committee
- A group of national and international news media organizations monitoring, advocating, and coordinating efforts to promote a free press.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, August 7, 2011 9:16:18 PM EDT -