become an editor
the entire directory
only in Journalism/Resources
Arts: Writers Resources: Non-Fiction
News: Media Industry: Employment
News: Media Industry: Participatory: Resources
News: Media Industry: Resources
News: Media Industry: Services: Business Services for Media
News: Newspapers: Publishers
News: Newspapers: Regional
AJR - Reporters' Tools
- Links offering reportorial aids to journalists, from the American Journalism Review.
American Press Institute: The Journalist's Toolbox
- Resources for reporters, editors and other media professionals. Links arranged by category with recently added topics on home page. Includes a newsletter.
Bob Baker's Newsthinking
- Articles on news writing by Bob Baker, a deputy metropolitan editor of the Los Angeles Times, based on his series of writing seminars.
Brown University Writing Center - Journalism
- Lists references for departments and organizations at Brown, schools of journalism, and unions.
- Technology advances in journalism, tips for finding owners of Internet domains, Census of India, ethics, links.
The Economist Style Guide
- Guide based on the style book given to all journalists at The Economist.
- A worldwide press communication service specializing in the writing and distribution of technical news stories to editors of trade and technical magazines and TV programming around the world.
- Provides links to journalism and writing job sites.
A Few Free Journalism Lessons
- Prepared by an ex-editor this site offers the basics, and invites readers to join discussions, suggest topics, recommend books.
The Freelance Journalist's Mailing List
- Dedicated to anyone and everyone who freelances in the media field, from copywriters to photographers, short story writers to journalists. The aim of the group is to provide news on writing markets and job opportunities, a critique group and a forum for freelancers.
Insert Text Here
- Journalism Jobs Site with media news updates, and useful links for reporters. Also features announcements about upcoming conferences, fellowships and jobs.
Internet Information Resources for Australian Journalists
- Guide to factual or background information, including business, government departments and policies, industrial awards, legislation, reports, statistics, and trade figures and policy, as well as basic reference tools.
Internet Resources for Journalists and Broadcasters
- Resources on journalism and broadcasting from both a Canadian and a world perspective.
Investigative Reporters and Editors
- IRE is a grassroots non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of investigative reporting within the field of journalism.
- Mailing list on the history of journalism and mass communication. Subscription information, mailing list archive, and web resources.
Journalism and Mass Communication Resources
- Resources on journalism in general, working journalists' resources, cyberjournalism, diversity in mass communication, media law, news sources, Journalism schools, E-zines; online searching guides, and Journalism jobs. Hosted at the University of Iowa.
- Web research and tips for journalists.
- Customizable portal designed as a web search tool for journalists with categorized links to news and information sources.
The Kalb Report
- Video archives, transcripts and post-program Q&As of the annual series of forums on journalism and public policy, moderated by Marvin Kalb at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C.
Maynard Institute: Resources
- Index of resources for journalists on such topics as job opportunities, industry studies and managing diversity.
National Press Club
- Official site with information on upcoming events and briefings.
- A collection of articles providing journalism tips and style advice.
- News contacts, internet links and resources, law and ethics updates for UK journalists.
- A place for editors, all media welcome. Just a place for editors, professional, student or both, to chat it up and find journalism links.
- A resource for creating clear, conversational news scripts that grab viewers' attention and create a lasting impact.
Nieman Journalism Lab
- A collaborative effort to figure out the future of journalism. Includes news and an encyclopedia. A project of Harvard University.
Online Journalism Review
- The journalist's first stop for Web-based research on stories.
Peter's Place of Freelance Journalism
- Professional freelance writing and journalism in Canada and United States. Links for markets and writing articles.
- Resources and training for journalists, from Bill Dedman. Alert services, bookmarks, newsroom training, search tools, lists of lists and reference books.
- Dedicated to teaching and inspiring journalists. Promotes excellence and integrity in the practice of craft and in the practical leadership of successful businesses.
- Free service for UK journalists which puts them in touch with providers of news leads and editorial assistance. Part of the PR Press Network.
- Directory of experts on a variety of issues.
- Story idea exchange.
- Provides fill-in forms and highly select web resources on a launch pad for journalism work.
- The site for web-assisted reporting, with carefully chosen links for journalists, created by a Texas-based reporter.
Resources for Working Journalists
- A compilation of journalism resources from Karla Tonella, U. of Iowa.
ResponseSource Enquiry Service
- For journalists, working on independent editorial. Gather facts, comments and background from hundreds of PRs, UK only.
Robert Niles Research
- List of links arranged by topic especially of interest to journalists and other researchers.
- Presented by the American Society of Newspaper Editors. Has resources for student journalists, teachers, editors of student journalists, and guidance counselors.
- Directory portal for journalists and writers featuring wide range of experts and spokespersons available to speak to the media. Canada.
SourceWire News Distribution
- For journalists working on technology and business/ finance subjects. Includes Tech Response Source enquiry service, PR directory, release wire and Freelance Journalist Directory.
Student Press Law Center
- Legal information for student journalists and educators in such areas as censorship, libel, copyright, and freedom of information. Links to other resources and internship opportunities.
- A resource for high school and college journalists and publications. Home of the National Scholastic Press Association and Associated Collegiate Press.
- News collected from diverse sources on the web.
UNICEF Press Centre: Tools for Journalists
- Updated daily by a full-time editor, helps journalists from around the world research and write about children and the issues that concern them.
Weblens for Writers
- Weblens search portal. Net search guide.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 13, 2015 at 18:38:29 UTC -