become an editor
the entire directory
only in Journalism/Issues
Bias and Balance
Freedom of the Press
Society: Activism: Media
Society: Issues: Business: Media
Society: Issues: Government Operations: Freedom of Information
Copyright and Intellectual Property
- Stanford University guide to laws, issues and resources related to copyright and intellectual property. Includes FAQ.
- Resource which gathers a variety of issues and stories about internet journalism.
The Daily Howler
- Covers the mistakes of the Washington press and pundits
The Electronic Journalist
- The Society of Professional Journalists' online magazine covers issues of current and historical interest, such as prison access, libel, protecting sources, journalism education, and freedom of information. Also reports on SPJ activities and minutes of SPJ Board meetings.
FAIR - Extra!
- Bimonthly magazine of media criticism.
Intellectual Property on the Net
- Scholarly paper examines the ethics of electronic publication.
International News Safety Institute
- Media safety network promoting the provision of safety training, materials and assistance to journalists and media staff. Mission statement and a list of supporting organisations.
Media Helping Media
- Help for media groups achieve independent financial sustainability in transition and post-conflict states. Discussion forum, articles, tutorials, job vacancies, and news feeds.
- Online news weblog about Web journalism and new online storytelling forms that critiques newspapers' Web sites.
News & Views Exchange Central
- Message board for journalists to exchange the latest international news and views as well as topical professional issues. [English, Russian]
- TV News insiders dish the dirt on America's television newsrooms.(Subscription based.)
Newspaper Death Watch
- Lists US metropolitan dailies that have closed since March 2007. Chronicling the decline of newspapers and the rebirth of journalism.
The Organization of News Ombudsmen
- The group focuses on maintaining high standards in the coverage of minorities, sex crimes, anonymous sources, invasion of privacy; plagiarism, conflicts of interest, and other ethical issues.
Play the game
- A knowledge bank with articles on sport written by media professionals and leading experts. Prime focus on globalised sports and media coverage.
Pretrial publicity prevents fair trial
- Essay by US attorney Ronald B. Standler. [PDF]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 28, 2014 at 6:15:07 UTC -