become an editor
the entire directory
only in Personal_Finance/Philanthropy
Society: Issues: Fraud: Charities
Society: Organizations: Nonprofit Resources
American Institute of Philanthropy
- A nonprofit charity watchdog organization that helps donors make informed giving decisions.
Better Business Bureau - For Charities and Donors
- Provides information, reports, reviews, ratings and accreditation of charities and nonprofit organizations in the United States. From the Better Business Bureau's Charity Information Center.
Charity Commission for England and Wales
- Regulates the administration and affairs of registered UK charities. Site gives detailed advice and policies on charitable activities, with a searchable database of UK charities.
- Guide to help donors make intelligent charitable giving decisions. Offers financial ratings of thousands of American nonprofit organizations and charities.
Guardian: Voluntary Sector
- Recent news regarding issues about charities and their leadership. UK.
- Free service with information on the programs and finances of more than 650,000 American charities and nonprofit organizations.
National Center for Charitable Statistics (NCCS)
- National repository of data on the nonprofit sector in the United States. Its mission is to develop and disseminate high quality data on nonprofit organizations and their activities.
ProPublica - Nonprofit Explorer
- In April 2013, the IRS released structured data culled from the tax returns of almost 616,000 tax-exempt organizations. Use this database to find organizations and see executive compensation, revenue, expenses, and 990 tax filings going back as far as 2001.
Wise Giving to Charities
- Ten ways to help ensure your donations are used effectively.
ABCNEWS.com Investigation : In Giving to Charity, Let the Donor Beware
- There is little regulation as to how much money must be used for a charity's stated cause, and con men and aggressive businessmen are taking advantage of this. (July 18, 2003)
BBC Inside Out - Charity Scam
- Exposes a company, Nightingale, that claims to collect for charity. The company targets bars and pubs of the south of England. (March 03, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 27, 2016 at 20:16:26 UTC -