become an editor
the entire directory
only in Personal_Finance/Philanthropy
Society: Issues: Fraud: Charities
Society: Organizations: Nonprofit Resources
American Institute of Philanthropy
- A nonprofit charity watchdog organization that helps donors make informed giving decisions.
Better Business Bureau - For Charities and Donors
- Provides information, reports, reviews, ratings and accreditation of charities and nonprofit organizations in the United States. From the Better Business Bureau's Charity Information Center.
Charity Commission for England and Wales
- Regulates the administration and affairs of registered UK charities. Site gives detailed advice and policies on charitable activities, with a searchable database of UK charities.
- Guide to help donors make intelligent charitable giving decisions. Offers financial ratings of thousands of American nonprofit organizations and charities.
Guardian: Voluntary Sector
- Recent news regarding issues about charities and their leadership. UK.
- Free service with information on the programs and finances of more than 650,000 American charities and nonprofit organizations.
National Center for Charitable Statistics (NCCS)
- National repository of data on the nonprofit sector in the United States. Its mission is to develop and disseminate high quality data on nonprofit organizations and their activities.
ProPublica - Nonprofit Explorer
- In April 2013, the IRS released structured data culled from the tax returns of almost 616,000 tax-exempt organizations. Use this database to find organizations and see executive compensation, revenue, expenses, and 990 tax filings going back as far as 2001.
So You Want to Donate to Charity?
- This full-length article will take you step-by-step through the process of picking out a charity, giving to it, and getting a tax deduction.
Wise Giving to Charities
- Ten ways to help ensure your donations are used effectively.
ABCNEWS.com Investigation : In Giving to Charity, Let the Donor Beware
- There is little regulation as to how much money must be used for a charity's stated cause, and con men and aggressive businessmen are taking advantage of this. (July 18, 2003)
BBC Inside Out - Charity Scam
- Exposes a company, Nightingale, that claims to collect for charity. The company targets bars and pubs of the south of England. (March 03, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 3, 2014 at 17:55:20 UTC -