become an editor
the entire directory
only in Insurance/Health
Business: Financial Services: Insurance: Agents and Marketers: Health
Business: Financial Services: Insurance: Carriers: Life and Health
Society: Issues: Health: Health Policy
Society: Law: Legal Information: Insurance Law: Denial of Claims
About Disability Insurance
- Offers articles and defines terms used within various disability policies.
AHRQ - Questions and Answers About Health Insurance
- Information on the kinds of health insurance, benefits, and how to choose the right plan.
- Compare international health insurance options for Expats. Includes help and advise and a PDF e-book tutorial.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- US federal agency which administers Medicare, Medicaid, and the State Children's Health Insurance Program. Provides information for health professionals, regional governments, and consumers.
COBRA Insurance Headquarters
- Offers COBRA quotes, eligibility information, state sponsored data, FAQs and resources.
- Comprehensive COBRA Insurance information. Learn about eligibility, signing up, state COBRA and alternatives.
- Provides state specific information and a guide to COBRA costs, enrollment, eligibility and alternatives.
Consumer Information on Health Plans | U.S. Department of Labor
- Provides consumer health plan information and guidance including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA).
ConsumerReports.org | Health Insurance
- Articles and insight about choosing the right health insurance plan. Features insurance ratings.
Cover Young People
- Publishes information and provides tools for young adult health insurance. Includes a provider marketplace directory categorized by state.
- Guide to how medicare and health insurance plans work, with claim and enrollment tips.
- Nonprofit advocacy organization offers resources on finding, choosing, and using health coverage.
Health Care Service Corporation | HCSC
- One of the largest customer-owned health insurers in the United States. Explains corporate social responsibility, features a guide to understanding health insurance, news, plans and benefits.
Health Insurance and Pre-Existing Condition Rules In Your State
- Evaluation article focuses on flaws/gaps in regulations that can diminish savings. Contains research and relevant links to rules and risk pools for each state. Authored by Norm Spier.
Health Insurance In-Depth
- Describing policy types, coverage, and regulation of personal and group plans.
Health Plans & Benefits
- The US Department of Labor portal for health plans and benefits. Includes fact sheets, regulations, and ERISA information.
- Brief articles and links relating to health insurance.
- Describes health insurance types, choices, and terms, from a consumer perspective. Covers public, private and community programs. By the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Resources for the self-employed to understand their health insurance. Includes glossary of industry terms, tips, FAQs on individual health insurance, and risk pool information.
- Offers health insurance articles, tips and rate quotes.
HIV and Insurance: Some Questions and Answers
- Some Questions and Answers, by Mark Scherzer, Esq., at The Body, an AIDS and HIV information resource.
How to Choose Health Care Coverage
- Brief explanations of different kinds of health insurance, produced by the Hope Heart Institute.
IBest Health Insurance
- Provides information and resources to help inform consumers and locate health insurance plans.
Insure Kids Now
- A White House initiative managed by the Department of Health and Human Services to insure America's children.
Medicaid.gov - Official U.S. Government Site
- The Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services (CMCS) serves as the focal point for all national program policies and operations related to Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
Medical Billing Advocates of America - MBAA
- A national consumer advocate providing consumers guidance, cost containment and help for Healthcare, specifically medical bills.
- Offers articles and consumer information resources about health insurance, including news and company reviews. Features a directory of insurance companies and agents, categorized by location and featuring maps.
- A non-government guide providing consumer information and services. Lists Medicare basics, news, health information and senior resources.
Medicare: The Official U.S. Government Site
- Information on Medicare, including comparisons of medicare and medigap plans.
- Articles explaining Medicare parts A, B, C and D. Lists data and premiums by state.
- Provided by the US National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health to answer consumer health questions and provide access to medical journal and news articles.
My Health Choices
- Provides information for consumers to help them make personal decisions about their health care and insurance coverage. Sponsored by Doctors Medical Centers in California, USA.
- Provides information and resources for Medicare benefits, eligibility, Medicare supplemental insurance, Medicare Part A, Part B, and D.
National Association of State Comprehensive Health Insurance Plans
- NASCHIP provides information for state high-risk health insurance pools that have been, or are yet to be, established by state governments to serve the 'medically uninsurable' population. Includes list of states with pools, pool vendors, and details about the annual conference.
Pink Power Ladies
- National group of insurance and financial professionals dedicated to helping protect others against the high out pocket expenses due to illness.
Roebling Health Insurance
- Offers free online health insurance quotes, a medical glossary, state guide and an informational pdf library.
Senior Advisors Group
- Provides advice, information and policy coverage on supplement health plans (Medigap) and medicare Part D (Rx drug Plans).
- Compare and apply for Medicare supplemental insurance plans online.
USA.gov | Health Insurance
- Publishes information on public and private health insurance options including Medicare, Medicaid, children's insurance (CHIP) and COBRA coverage.
Wikipedia - Health Insurance
- Encyclopedia article including topics such as history, privately and publicly funding schemes, and specific sections by country.
Wikipedia - Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- Details legislation in reference to the PPACA, what is commonly referred to as Obamacare.
Women and Job Based Health Benefits
- Claims, workers rights, and health benefits as they relate to women. From the US Department of Labor.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 5, 2016 at 20:45:06 UTC -