become an editor
the entire directory
only in Home_Improvement/Safety_and_Security
Safety and Security
Business: Business Services: Fire and Security: Security: Alarm Systems
Business: Business Services: Fire and Security: Security: Locks and Safes
Business: Business Services: Fire and Security: Security: Surveillance
Home: Consumer Information: Home and Family: Safety
Science: Environment: Air Quality: Indoor Air Quality
Shopping: Children: Safety Products and Services
Shopping: Home and Garden: Emergency Supplies: Security
Shopping: Home and Garden: Home Improvement: Hardware: Safety and Security
This category in other languages:
Carbon Monoxide Headquarters
- Articles provide information about carbon monoxide deaths, poisoning, treatments, and research.
Consumer Information Center: Indoor Air Hazards
- Information on identifying problems and their sources including mold, radon, lead, and unhealthy remodeling by-products.
Consumer Product Safety Commission (U.S.)
- Articles, alerts, and guides for a wide range of home safety issues including backyard pools, electrical hazards, biological pollutants, and window coverings.
Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED)
- Website that discusses CPTED issues, with a focus on home improvement methods and checklists.
- Information on "Safe Room" design and construction from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
A Guide to Home Security
- Short articles on video surveillance,alarm systems, homeowners' insurance, and setting up a neighborhood watch.
- Provides articles, checklists, and tips on home, and fire security for consumers.
My Safe Home
- Information on detecting and fixing safety risks throughout the home.
National Crime Prevention Council
- Articles on personal safety, securing a home and property, and safeguarding a family.
National Fire Protection Association: For Consumers
- Information and statistics on fire and related hazards, including causes, prevention, preparedness, and equipment.
National Hurricane Center (U.S.)
- Advice on developing a family plan, creating a disaster supply kit, having a place to go, and securing a home.
Selecting Household Safety Equipment
- Includes general guidelines, preventive measures, and equipment for reducing the risk of exposure to hazardous household products.
- Information on symptoms, sources, prevention, detection, and treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning.
This Old House: Installing a Lockset
- Illustrations, photographs, and step-by-step instructions for installing a lockset.
Safety and Security
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 16, 2016 at 3:32:54 UTC -