become an editor
the entire directory
only in Plants/Trees
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Forestry
Science: Agriculture: Forestry
Science: Agriculture: Forestry: Urban Forestry
Science: Biology: Botany: Dendrology
Science: Environment: Forests and Rainforests
This category in other languages:
Alliance For Community Trees
- US movement to support urban and community forestry: planting and caring for trees in cities and towns. Includes news, forums, regional resource listings, and educational materials.
- The Arnold Arboretum is a research and educational institution. It manages a collection of hardy trees, shrubs, and vines located in Boston, Massachusetts and associated herbarium and library collections.
Better Homes and Gardens: Trees in the Landscape
- Portal collecting a variety of short articles about gardening with trees.
- Uses, cultivation and description for this tree, commonly known as cherry birch, sweet birch, or black birch.
Casey Trees Endowment Fund
- A project to restore the tree canopy of Washington, DC. Includes a review of the street tree inventory carried out in 2002.
Cirrusimage.com: Tree Encyclopedia
- Explore over 400 species of trees and shrubs, arranged by their botanical family, via diagnostic photographs and descriptive articles.
Collier Arbor Care
- Tree, shrub and turf information, IPM practices, insect and disease articles, tree care information, annual garden calendar.
Cotinus Obovatus: Smoke Tree
- Home gardener compares the varieties he grows, with photos of various stages of growth.
Deciduous Trees and Shrubs With All-Season Interest
- Contains information and pictures.
Dictionary of Tree Terms
- Keslick and Son Aboriculturist's alphabetical listing of tree terminology. An online dictionary of tree terms including summarized definitions, articles, and photographs.
English Oak Trees
- Natural history of English Oaks (Quercus robur), their life, conservation and woodland restoration. How to obtain acorns from old oak trees by mail order.
- Articles on flowering trees used in landscaping, including weeping trees, saucer magnolias, dogwoods and crape myrtles. Each illustrated article spans several pages.
How to Grow and Maintain Birch Trees
- Learn how to care for a birch tree, including selecting the correct site and type of birch, watering, fertilizing, mulching, and monitoring for problems.
How to Plant Trees
- Gives information on where to use trees and how to plant them correctly.
Ice Damage On Trees
- Heavy accumulations of snow and ice can cause major structural damage to trees and shrubs. The damaged limbs should be properly removed. The following links will provide a guide for homeowners seeking to repair damaged plant material.U.of Illinois
Monthly Tree Tips
- Monthly guide to caring for trees from the Massachusetts Arborists Association, including a featured tree for each month.
NC State University: Tree Information
- Collection of factsheets on a variety of tree species, including scientific names, growing zones and maintenance.
Oak Wilt Treatment and Prevention
- Specializing in the analysis, prevention and treatment of oak wilt using Alamo fungicide and root trenching. Offers free consultation, cedar clearing, dead tree removal, and replanting services.
State and Provincial Trees
- A list of official state and provincial trees of all 50 U.S. states and 13 Canadian provinces and territories including both common and scientific names and images of official flags.
- Weblog related to native trees of North America, especially Kentucky.
- Contains descriptions of rare trees native to the Eastern United States, and provides information about growing them on private property.
- Information on many aspects of tree care. Includes an advice forum and help finding a tree surgeon in the UK.
- Source of information regarding tree and shrub care including how-to articles, species profiles, insect and disease information and other features.
The Trees of Reed College
- Offers photographs and descriptions for a variety of trees that can be found on the campus of Reed College in Portland, Oregon. Visitors can identify trees by location or find the location of examples of a certain kind of tree.
Trees of the Pacific Northwest
- An identification guide to conifers of the Pacific Northwest provided by Oregon State University.
West Coast Native Tree ID
- A dichotomous key to identify trees native to the West coast of the United States. Includes photos and information on these trees.
What tree is it?
- Provides a few simple methods to quickly identify any unknown tree.
What Tree Is That?
- Arbor Day Society's online tree identification site for Eastern/Central and Western USA trees.
The WVU Tree Bark Home Page
- Designed to provide a place to learn about the anatomy and physiology of tree bark, fungal canker diseases that affect tree bark, the wound responses of injured tree bark, and the role of wound responses in the resistance of living tree bark to wound pathogens.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 17, 2015 at 13:28:13 UTC -