become an editor
the entire directory
only in Plants/Herbs
Open Directory - Home: Gardening: Plants: Herbs
Business: Biotechnology and Pharmaceuticals: Pharmaceuticals: Medicinal Herbs
Health: Alternative: Herbs
Home: Cooking: Herbs and Spices
Shopping: Health: Alternative: Herbs
Shopping: Home and Garden: Plants: Seeds: Vegetable and Herb
This category in other languages:
Annette's Herb Garden
- Herbal recipes, information on medicinal herbs, and herbal crafts.
Alternative Nature Online Herbal
- Information covering aromatherapy, cooking, growing, and selling of herbs. Site offers plenty of clear and colorful photos of herbs offered.
- Articles by the herbal writer and speaker focusing on growing and using herbs in the home throughout the seasons.
- Information on popular herbs. Offers general and specialty gardening tips.
Beagle Ridge Herb Farm
- Organic herbs, display gardens, nature trails, list of workshops, and free newsletter available. Open seasonally, groups welcome by appointment.
Botanic Name Cross Reference
- Common and uncommon names of herbs are cross-referenced with their botanic counterpart. Offers links to further information.
Culinary Herb Guide
- Primer on growing herbs, with cultural and culinary information on commonly used herbs. Offers pointers on herb garden design.
Garden Guides - Herbs
- Collection of articles on selecting, growing, and gardening with herbs.
- Herbs and their medical, magical, and culinary uses.
GardenWeb - Herbs Forum
- Forum is for discussion of both growing and culinary uses of herbs.
- Guide to growing, harvesting, preserving, and selling ginseng and related plants.
The Green Chronicle
- Information on growing many types of herbs. Offers links for buying seeds.
- Several articles on culture, propagation, and use, as well as descriptions of commonly used herbs.
Growing Herbs in the Home Garden
- Offers information for beginning herb gardeners on history, cultivation, harvesting, and uses of herbs.
Growing, Selecting and Using Basil
- Information on culture, harvesting, uses, and varieties of basil.
- Provides tips for indoor herb gardening, as well as uses in cooking, teas, and health. With articles about commonly grown herbs.
Harvesting and Preserving Herbs
- North Carolina University's Horticulture Department offers information on preserving healthful and fresh-tasting herbs by using simple methods.
- Facts on growing and using culinary and medicinal herbs. Offers collection of plant pictures, articles, and classic herbal texts.
herb festival selling herb products and perennials
- Herbfest is a festival of activities lasting ten days, and held in Wake Forest, N. C.
The Herb Gardener
- Blog about various herbal topics: growing tips and uses in cooking, remedies, decorating, and crafts.
Herb Substitution Chart
- About.com offers simple ways to substitute herbs in recipes.
Herbal Companion Planting in the Vegetable Garden
- Plant herbs for the beneficial or protective properties they offer to nearby vegetables. Examples of combinations, and of pest deterrent and nematocidal qualities.
- Herbal gardening, cooking, and crafting are explored. Several gardening links offered.
A Herbal Guide for your Garden
- A herbal guide from NSW Australia that includes personal observations, facts and tips in growing and using an list of herbs.
Howie Brounstein's Home Page
- Links given for those interested in botany, wildcrafting, herbal smoking mixtures, medicinal FAQs, herb schools, and plant databases.
Iden Croft Herbs
- Information covering herb profiles, teas, specific usages, and garden planning.
- Information on herb companion planting, teas, and classic herb mixtures from a New Zealand herb nursery.
- History and information on mint farming.
A Modern Herbal
- First published in 1931 by Mrs. M. Grieve, the online version of this work contains medicinal, culinary, cosmetic and economic properties, cultivation and folk-lore of herbs.
The National Herb Centre
- Plant centre and gift shop at Warmington with gardens displaying herbs, children's area, nature trail, and licensed bistro. Photographs and details.
O'Toole's Herb Farm
- Certified organic herb nursery and gardens. Offers wholesale and retail herbs and a gift shop of herbal products.
Penn State University's Directory of Herbs
- Provides cultivation hints, companion plants, and harvesting methods for many herbs. Access specific herb information by entering common name, use, plant type, or plant family.
A Pinch of Herb
- Journal of starting a small herb garden in the kitchen, including recipes and tips about herb gardening.
- Provides answers to readers' questions and includes articles on herb growing and usage.
Sally's Place Herbs
- Offers tips on growing, cooking with, history of, and medicinal uses of herbs.
- Article about propagation, cultivation, and uses of this subtropical plant used as an alternative sweetener, as well as comments on the controversy over its health effects.
- Information on growing and using Sweet Woodruff
Thyme for Sage Advice
- Information about growing and using herbs from common varieties to the unusual.
Traditional Herbs for Winter Interest
- University of Washington's Medicinal Herb Garden (in January) shows quality photos of herbs, shrubs, and trees associated with medicinal botany.
Virginia Cooperative Extension: Herbs
- Information about cultivation, propagation, harvesting, and drying, with specifics for several commonly grown herbs.
Weekend Gardeners' Herb Seed Starting
- Offers facts on herb seed cultivation and transplant care.
Willow Pond Farm: The Potting Shed
- Organic herb farm offers a collection of articles about herb care and uses.
Winterizing the Herb Garden
- North Carolina University's Horticulture Department offers hints for overwintering herbs. Information given on fertilizing, watering, and pruning in preparation for winter weather.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 15, 2014 at 7:05:10 UTC -