the entire directory
only in Gardening/Plants
Open Directory - Home: Gardening: Plants
Cacti and Succulents
Climbers and Vines
Grasses and Bamboos
Tropicals and Exotics
Water and Bog Plants
Arts: Crafts: Flowers
Health: Animal: Conditions and Diseases: Poisoning: Toxic Plants
Recreation: Outdoors: Wildlife: Plants
Science: Biology: Botany
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Plantae
This category in other languages:
About.com: Poisonous Plants for Cats, Dogs, Humans
- Article listing a number of poisonous plants, with links to further information about those plants.
All America Selections Winners
- Showcases new varieties of flowers, vegetables, and plants for garden performance.
BBC: Plant Finder
- Plant database with a photo and horticultural description for each entry. Searchable by botanical and common names, as well as other characteristics
BackyardGardener.com: Garden Guides on Plants
- Starting point for information on (types of) plants, with summary information for many species and varieties.
Cal's Plant of the Week
- Features a new plant every week, with photo, description, and cultural information. Previously featured plants can be selected by botanical or common name. Focus is on plants for greenhouse culture.
Chicago Botanic Garden: Ornamental Plant Development
- Provides access to plant evaluation reports from the Botanic Garden's plant trials. Each report, in PDF format, provides several pages of description and photos.
Dave's Garden: PlantFiles
- Database with over 80,000 plants with cultivation information and pictures supplied by member gardeners.
- This resource for gardeners in the Denver metro area includes a sizeable database of plants with photos and cultural information.
- Features searchable database of thousands of plants, with basic information and often photos. Includes many succulents, herbs, and tropical fruit trees.
Dinosaur Garden Plants
- Describes plants that lived during the age of the dinosaurs, with brief information, lists, and links to other resources for plants of the mesozoic era.
- Garden plant finder. Searchable by garden conditions and design requirements such as flower color, size and growth habit. Search results include plant photo and summary information.
Fine Gardening: Plant Guide
- Searchable plant database, with photo, brief description, and horticultural details for each plant.
- Features hundreds of plant portraits, each illustrated with several photos, documenting the garden uses and cultural requirements of each species or cultivar.
- Search a database of live and cut flowers according to color, usage, and other criteria. Includes photo and summary information for each plant.
Flowers of India
- Collection of hundreds of plant photos with brief descriptions. Each of the plants grows in India, but both natives and non-natives are featured.
Fruits and Vegetables
- Includes set of fact sheets and links from the University of Florida.
- Plant database with search engine to find plant ideas according to location, design and lifestyle. Free membership gives access to online journal with folders, to-do's and notes.
- Guide to growing and caring for houseplants, vegetables, trees and shrubs. Also features common pests and a miscellaneous section. From the University of Saskatchewan Extension.
- Database of detailed descriptions and growing tips for thousands of plants, including many not commonly grown. Profiles include cultural information, assessment of landscape value, and photos for most.
Gardenweb: Name That Plant
- Forum that allows users to upload images of plants that they are trying to identify.
- Features a searchable, multilingual garden plant encyclopedia, with a summary of cultural and botanical information and in many cases photos.
- Provides articles on selection, culture, and propagation of several popularly grown perennials and bulbs.
- Horticultural database with over 100,000 species and cultivars. Comments, ratings, and photos for many varieties supplied by members of the Gardenweb community.
Horticopia On-line Plant Information
- Includes directory of plants, categorized by genus, includes summary cultural information and small photograph for each plant.
Illinois' Best Plants
- Chicago Botanic Garden provides a database of recommended plants for Illinois gardens, from perennials to trees, with photos and information on their culture and use.
Jesse Saylor's Plants
- Plant information database, including photographs, Latin name pronunciations. Searchable by botanical and common names, and plant characteristics.
Landscape Plants For South Florida
- Manual of subtropical landscaping plants prepared by Palm Beach State College. Searchable database of Florida native and exotic plant species, with information on uses, horticultural characteristics, and photographs.
Mister Smarty Plants
- Plant and flower identification: users upload pictures of unknown plants. Site members identify them and score points for correct answers.
New Jersey Weed Gallery
- Database of weeds, accessible by common and botanical names and by a thumbnail gallery. Summary information and photos are provided for each weed.
Pacific Northwest Plants
- Database on plant identification, culture and usage for the U.S. Northwest, including native and introduced species and their major varieties and cultivars.
- Plant selector tool for Australian gardeners, offering suggestions based on gardening conditions and preferences.
- Gardener Mark McDonough presents horticultural musings and illustrated plant studies, with particular emphasis on alliums and other bulbs for rock gardens.
- Includes information about plants native to southern Africa, including hundreds of alphabetically arranged plant portraits, by the National Botanical Institute of South Africa.
Plants For A Future
- Resource centre for rare and unusual plants, particularly those which have edible, medicinal or other uses. Offers a plant database, and various articles on gardening, perennials, and habitats.
Plants National Database
- Online USDA database of botanical information, images, and links on plants in the USA, including crops and invasives. Search by name, geographic distribution, or other characteristics.
Plants Toxic to Animals
- Resources about toxic plants from the Veterinary Medicine Library.
- Project to categorize plants by their flower color, as well as a variety of horticultural tags. Draws from a substantial photo database, with brief description and cultural details for each selection.
Rob's Plants: PlantLinks
- Directory of web pages about plants, selected for their interest to gardeners. Primarily organized by botanical classification.
Suite101: Plants & Bulbs
- Information and how-to articles on a variety of plant topics by Angela England and other contributors.
- Plant encyclopedia featuring photos and short descriptions of annuals, perennials, shrubs, and trees.
The Families of Flowering Plants
- Offers descriptions, illustrations, and identification retrieval.
The Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl
- Pacific Northwest gardener presents essays for hundreds of species growing in her garden, with personal notes, history, cultural information, and photos for each.
- Translation program for botanical Latin.
- Offers a weed listing for the United States regions, primarily weeds occurring in lawns.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, August 20, 2011 2:14:36 PM EDT -