become an editor
the entire directory
only in Gardening/Kids_Gardening
Kids and Teens: Sports and Hobbies: Gardening
Aggie Horticulture Just For Kids
- Kid-friendly tips about plants and gardens, nutrition of garden products, composting, sociohorticulture (humans interacting with plants/gardens), and the outdoors in general.
BBC Gardening with Children
- Describes indoor and outdoor gardening projects for children, plants suitable for kids to grow plus interesting fact and figures.
- Children's biblical gardens in Fair Haven, Vermont.
Dan The Gardener
- UK environmental and gardening project with the aim of teaching children about the natural world in fun and exciting ways.
The Edible Schoolyard
- A non-profit program located on over one acre of land on the campus of Martin Luther King Junior Middle School in Berkeley, California. The focus is on organic gardening, cooking, and coursework related to both.
Gardening with Children
- Produced by The Recycle Works Ltd, this has resources for parents, children and particularly UK schools to give then ideas for gardening including example projects, National Curriculum information and funding sources.
Great Plant Escape
- An elementary plant science program for 4th and 5th grade students. Helps increase understanding of how food grows.
Harrod Horticultural - Budding Gardeners
- Resources aimed at UK school gardens including growing advice, veg fact sheets and ways to plan for and publicise the garden
Herb Society Schools Web Site
- UK site with lots of information on different herbs, how to grow them and child-orientated projects to do with them.
Junior Master Gardener Program
- Program for American youth of all ages that uses fun activities to teach horticulture and environmental science concepts.
Kiddie Gardens - Fun Gardening with Children
- UK-based site with ideas to encourage children's interest in nature and growing plants including vegetables, container planting, outdoor games and garden craft projects.
Kids in the garden
- Tips on how to design a child-friendly garden, ideas about play in the garden, family friendly plants, gardening projects for the children and UK gardens to visit with them.
- Features kid oriented gardening information, a free newsletter, and e-mail pals.
Little Green Fingers
- A UK blog covering one mother's attempts to get her children interested in gardening including project ideas and garden design pointers.
Michigan 4-H Children's Garden
- From Michigan State University. A place where plants, children, and imaginations come together.
Netmums - Gardening with children.
- Part of UK site with tips on gardening with children plus information on what to grow, miniature garden projects and pictures to print and colour.
The Potato Story
- Includes resources for kids, parents and teachers such as games and activity sheets which follow the potato story from pollination and germination to our plates.
RHS - Campaign for School Gardening
- Resources, information and games aimed at UK teachers and students to get 80% of primary schools growing fruit and veg by end 2010
School Garden Weekly
- Regular articles plus some video tutorials on starting and maintaining a successful school garden.
School Garden Wizard
- Lesson plans and activities for planning and growing a garden. Created for America's K-12 school community by the United States Botanic Garden and Chicago Botanic Garden.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 2, 2014 at 13:05:08 UTC -