become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Virginia
Open Directory - Home: Gardening: Gardens: Public: United States: Virginia
Blandy Experimental Farm
- Research facility in the Shenandoah Valley, home of the State Arboretum of Virginia. Information about education programs for all ages, photo gallery, and FAQ.
The Edith Johnson Carrier Arboretum
- Arboretum on the James Madison University campus also includes herb, bog, rock, and perennial gardens, serving as an outdoor educational and environmental center. Descriptions and photos of the gardens, information about visiting and events.
George Washington's Mount Vernon Estate and Gardens
- The house and garden where George Washington lived, now an educational tourist attraction. Formal and plantation gardens. Visitor information and educational pages.
Green Spring Gardens Park
- Public park in Alexandria features a variety of garden styles, including a rock garden, shade garden, herb garden, and backyard wildlife habitat. Visitor information, downloadable plant information sheets.
Hahn Horticulture Garden at Virginia Tech
- University garden in Blacksburg. Photographic tour, visitor information, quarterly newsletters, listing of events, and information about volunteering.
Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden
- Richmond attraction features perennial and Victorian gardens, exotic Asian valley, wetland and children's areas, and a study garden. Information about visiting, events, and education.
MacCallum More Museum & Gardens
- Museum of Native American artifacts also offers an organically maintained botanical garden, arboretum, and wildlife sanctuary, along with water features and theme gardens. Chase City.
Norfolk Botanical Garden
- Features many theme gardens, collections, and an arboretum. Photos and descriptions, visitor information, gardening resources.
- Mansion and gardens of an 1803 plantation in Leesburg, a National Trust for Historic Preservation property. The formal gardens are maintained in the spirit of the original owners. Calendar of events, history, rates and directions.
The Old City Cemetery
- Historic arboretum of 19th-century plantings at a Lynchburg public cemetery. History, and a horticulture and wildlife guide.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 9, 2013 at 1:31:52 UTC -