become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Texas
Amarillo Botanical Gardens
- Site documents the ongoing construction of a new garden and conservatory facility. Information about volunteering, events, and associated garden clubs.
- Estate in Weatherford containing a 40-foot manmade waterfall, Chinese rock sculptures, and an English lawn bowling green. Picture gallery, garden history, and visitor information.
The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden
- Features landscaped acres of trees, gardens, and lawns, with fountains, sculptures, and historic mansions. Membership information, photos of each garden, and information about educational programs.
Fort Worth Botanic Garden
- The oldest botanic garden in Texas, a 109-acre living museum displaying over 2,500 species of native and exotic plants.
Mercer Arboretum and Botanic Gardens
- Overview, contact information, publications, library, programs and events, links, specialties, club, tour, map, and special features.
- Garden in Hempstead featuring a collection of rare plants native to the Southern US and Mexico, mingled with Asian plants, with a dry garden, arboretum, and herbaceous border. Beautiful photography, botanical details, visitor information.
Riverside Nature Center
- Located in Kerrville on the Guadaqlupe River, this former farm has been transformed into an urban wildlife and native plant sanctuary, with an arboretum, cacti, wildflowers, and native grasses. Schedule, visitor and membership information.
Ruby Mize Azalea Garden
- A project of Stephen F. Austin State University and the SFA Mast Arboretum, this garden houses a large variety of azaleas, camellias, Japanese maples, and other trees and shrubs. History, mission, photos, and information about events and collections.
San Antonio Botanical Garden
- City garden features formal and display gardens, a conservatory, and sections representing Texas native areas. Offers educational events, programs, and classes year-round.
South Texas Botanical Gardens & Nature Center
- The cultivated gardens feature a large collections of orchids, hibiscus, plumeria, and roses, as well as a sensory garden, offset by the surrounding wetlands and mesquite forest. Information about history, visiting, kids' activities, and event calendar.
Valley Nature Center
- Urban nature park in the Rio Grande Valley (Weslaco) aims to provide environmental education about the unique South Texas ecosystem. Information about hours, programs and exhibits, and the native plant nursery.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 23:46:24 UTC -