become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Pennsylvania
Open Directory - Home: Gardening: Gardens: Public: United States: Pennsylvania
- Historic home and gardens in Philadelphia. Information on upcoming events, volunteering, summer nature program, and history.
- America's oldest living botanical garden features an 18th century farmstead, native plants, wildflower meadow, and wetland. Located in Philadelphia.
Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve
- 134 acres in New Hope featuring hundreds of species of native plants, in a setting of picturesque woodlands, meadows, a pond and a creek. Information about gardening with native plants, visiting, educational programs, and events.
Brandywine River Museum Wildflower Gardens
- Wildflower and native plant gardens maintained by the Brandywine Conservancy, in a mission to preserve, protect and share natural resources of the Brandywine region. History, descriptions and photos through the seasons, and information about the seed program.
- Descriptions, photos, history, and admission information for eclectically designed estate garden near Philadelphia.
Churchville Nature Center
- This Bucks county facility includes a visitor center with interpretive exhibits, and indoor and outdoor wildlife viewing areas. Developed for education, preservation, and conservation. Information on the facilities and events.
The Gardens at Morris Arboretum
- The official arboretum of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, whose thousands of woody plants include many of Philadelphia's oldest, rarest, and largest trees, is set in a Victorian landscape garden of winding paths, streams, flowers and special garden areas.
- Park associated with Muhlenberg college, located in the northern Lehigh Valley, featuring a wide variety of trees (especially conifers) and wildflowers in a natural setting.
Haverford College Arboretum
- Features nature trails, a duck pond, a pinetum, a Japanese Zen garden and an herb garden. Includes virtual tour with numerous photos, history, calendar of events and membership information.
Henry Schmieder Arboretum
- Associated with the Department of Ornamental Horticulture and Environmental Design of Delaware Valley College. Information for visitors and volunteers, and seasonal programs. Doylestown.
- Pleasure garden established by Milton Hershey, featuring many themed gardens, seasonal displays, unique trees, an outdoor butterfly house, and a large rose collection. Information about visiting, educational programs, and events.
- Horticultural showcase of native trees, shrubs, rhododendrons, azaleas, laurel, blueberries, ferns and wildflowers in Devon. Information about membership and events, map, and photo galleries.
Lake Erie Arboretum at Frontier Park
- Several hundred tree species planted in a riparian zone of the Erie park, serving as an educational facility. Tree fact sheets provided by student projects.
- Horticultural display garden near Philadelphia created by Pierre duPont in 19th century. Visitor information, schedule of events, what's in bloom, history, education, and employment opportunities.
Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
- Pittsburgh institution with indoor and outdoor collections. History, photo tour of the gardens, database of species, and information about research, educational classes, and special exhibits and events.
The Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College
- Encompassing more than 300 acres of the college campus and exhibiting thousands of ornamental plant species, the arboretum displays trees, shrubs, vines and perennials. Overview of specialty gardens, and information about visiting and events.
Silver Lake Nature Center
- A 253 acre park in Bristol featuring various habitats characteristic of the Atlantic coastal plain. Programs and events schedule, trail map and contact details.
- Large cultivated garden in Tamaqua with a focus on arts and holistic well-being, including a water garden, perennial, hosta, and culinary herb gardens.
- Its 650-acre grounds near Philadelphia include a pinetum, a native woodland walk, and various flowering shrub and tree collections.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, November 16, 2013 10:47:55 PM EST -