become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Ohio
Open Directory - Home: Gardening: Gardens: Public: United States: Ohio
Chadwick Arboretum at Ohio State University
- Located on the Columbus agriculture campus. Information about staff and programs, plant sale, and directions.
The Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden
- The botanical gardens interspersed with the zoo areas include pollinator, butterfly, and oriental gardens, a dinosaur garden, wetland trails, and an endangered species area.
Cleveland Botanical Garden
- Offers ten acres that are home to many different formal and natural gardens and a large glasshouse. Includes list of exhibits and schedule.
Cox Arboretum & Gardens Metropark
- 189 acres of gardens and natural areas in Dayton. Provides descriptions of specialty gardens, information about the history, schedule of events, visiting and volunteering information.
The Dawes Arboretum
- Facility near Columbus with large collections of woody plants, as well as natural areas. Photos, history, events, reports, collections, and visitor information.
Franklin Park Conservatory
- Glasshouse in Columbus featuring several collections of plants from different habitats. Virtual tour, educational programs, visitor information.
The Holden Arboretum
- This large facility features display gardens with collections of many shrubs and trees, most notably crabapples, rhododendrons, magnolias, and conifers, as well as hedge and wildflower gardens. Information about visiting, research, education, and events.
- A 47-acre former estate garden in Mansfield, with collections of peonies, herbs and roses, daylilies and irises, as well as general display gardens. Open free to the public. Includes visitor and membership information.
Mill Creek MetroParks
- Part of this recreation and preservation area in Mahoning Valley are Fellows Riverside Gardens, with large spring bulb displays, and collections of woody plants, perennials, and roses. Visitor information and photos.
Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens
- The gardens surrounding this majestic country house, now a museum, were designed by Warren Henry Manning and Ellen Biddle Shipman, and include a birch allee, breakfast room, English, and Japanese gardens, a conservatory, and a lagoon.
Toledo Botanical Garden
- Features shade, herb and perennial gardens, a section dedicated to All America Selections vegetables and flowers, and a hosta collection.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 2, 2007 11:46:26 PM EST -