become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/New_York
Bayard Cutting Arboretum
- State park on Long Island noted both for its plant collection and its variety of bird species. Information on flora and fauna, programs, and publications.
Brooklyn Botanic Garden
- Offers news, virtual tour, programs, events, articles, shopping, research, and information for visitors.
Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens
- Features a glass conservatory designed by Frederick Law Olmsted with tropical and desert gardens, an arboretum and pinetum, shrub garden, and bog garden. History, education programs, events, virtual tour.
Clark Botanic Garden
- Educational facility in Long Island featuring native spring wildflowers, conifers, roses, perennials, wetland and rock garden plants, medicinal plants and collections of particular plant families.
- Holds, manages, protects, and enhances the living botanical collections and the natural areas and gorges of Cornell for the benefit of the community. Information about collections, visiting, education, and publications.
Gardens at Cricket Hill Farm
- Garden in the Hudson Valley designed for low maintenance, four-season interest, and bird life, offering tours, workshops, and plant sales.
- Large public garden overlooking the Schoharie Valley, developed with plantings of trees, shrubs, and herbaceous perennials from around the world.
- This private garden located near Rochester, New York, features a significant collection of American tree peonies. It is open to the public on a number of days in June and July.
The New York Botanical Garden
- Garden in the Bronx consists of 28 specialty gardens, including a conservatory, a children's adventure garden, and a 40-acre old-growth forest. Information about entertainment and educational activities.
Old Westbury Gardens
- Built in 1906, this garden in Old Westbury is an example of period landscape design, with formal gardens and landscaped grounds. Visitor information and photo tour for mansion and gardens.
Planting Fields Arboretum State Historic Park
- Long Island public arboretum and historic site with greenhouses, gardens, woodland paths, and outstanding plant collections. The grounds were landscaped by the Olmsted brothers. History and mission, event calendar, cultural activities.
Queens Botanical Garden
- Created as an exhibit at the 1939 New York World's Fair, the garden features with rose, bee, herb, and perennial gardens, changing displays, and public programs. Educational programs and plant listings.
Ross Park Zoo and Gardens
- Zoo in Binghamton also includes botanical gardens, including a hosta garden, a butterfly garden, an ornamental grass garden, an iris garden and a memorial garden. Virtual tour, calendar of events, and quarterly newsletter archive.
- Now a New York State Historic Park, the gardens accompanying the Victorian mansion, located in Canandaigua, comprise several distinct designs. Guided tours, visitor information, schedule of events.
- Famous public garden in the northwest Bronx along the Hudson River, with flower gardens, alpine house, greenhouses, and cultural center. Visitor information, events, membership, volunteering opportunities.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 8, 2012 at 0:50:04 UTC -