become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Michigan
Belle Isle Botanical Society
- The society maintains the Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory, with a palm house, tropical house, orchid collection, lily pond, cactus house, and fernery. History, visitor information, photos, and event calendar.
- Horticultural and educational garden in Midland showcases its collections, displays, children's and woodland gardens, and history.
Fernwood Botanical Gardens & Nature Preserve
- A living museum located in the orchard country of southwest Michigan with valuable collections and delicate ecosystems. Includes a Japanese garden, a ravine garden, fern trail, and an arboretum.
Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park
- Collection of scenic gardens in Grand Rapids augmented by sculpture located throughout. Includes a butterfly garden, nature trail, conservatory, and shade garden. Information about visiting, gardens, plants, and artwork, exhibits, and events.
Hidden Lake Gardens
- Garden in Tipton features thousands of labeled trees, shrubs, and flowers, with collections of tropical and arid plants, flowering houseplants, dwarf and rare conifers. Also offers five miles of marked hiking trails. Map of the gardens, and information about classes and programs.
- Part of the park system of Battle Creek, the arboretum includes a collection of mature specimen trees, many dating back to the 1920’s, and also features a children's garden. Information about events and classes, volunteering, and membership.
Matthaei Botanical Gardens
- This University of Michigan facility includes a conservatory with exotic plants from around the world, nature trails, mature woodlands, wetlands, several ponds, and a tall grass prairie.
Michigan State University Horticulture Gardens
- Educational facility that supports and integrates teaching, research, and public service. Contains brochure, information about programs, events, and volunteering, and a newsletter.
Slayton Arboretum at Hillsdale College
- Displays and preserves living plant collections and native plant communities, and conducts research, education, and public outreach programs. Information about activities, events, and children's garden.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 23:46:24 UTC -