the entire directory
only in Gardens/Public
Home: Gardening: Gardens: Community
Science: Biology: Botany: Botanical Gardens and Arboreta
This category in other languages:
Andromeda Botanic Gardens
- Tropical garden on East coast of Barbados, with collections of palms, heliconias, succulents, medicinal plants, and orchids. Information on educational facilities, and photo galleries.
Belize Botanic Garden
- Native species are presented in an educational setting, including special collections such as Heliconias, orchids, and palms. Education on the horticultural heritage of Belize, including sustainable agriculture.
- Illustrated listing with information on garden destinations in Bermuda.
Botanical Garden in Vácrátót
- Landscape garden in Hungary housing thousands of plant species. Overview, visitor information, and seed catalog. [Hungarian/English/German]
The Botanical Garden of the University of Vienna
- Specialized in mountain flora, pharmaceutical plants, and succulents, with special collections and a tropical greenhouse. Overview, and information about visiting.
- Offers contact information for gardens, arboreta, and nature sites in the United States and Canada. Locations listed by state or province.
- A guide to garden tours and history, historic parks, and botanic collections open to the public in the UK, USA, Europe, Japan, India, and Australia.
International Peace Garden
- Straddling the US-Canadian border between North Dakota and Manitoba, this expansive park features lawns, vistas, and floral displays. History, on-site museums, visitor information.
Montreal Estate Gardens
- Formal, plantation, and rainforest gardens are among the attractions of this public garden in the mountains of the Island of St Vincent in the Caribbean.
National Botanic Garden of Belgium
- Botanical garden near Brussels. Overview of history, mission, and educational opportunities, visitor information, and calendar of events.
Peter Korns Trädgården
- Private botanical garden in South of Sweden, consisting of distinct biotopes. Illustrated descriptions of the various garden areas and structures, and information about visiting. [Swedish/English]
St. George Village Botanical Garden
- Aims to conserve the native plant species of St. Croix, as well as threatened species of other Caribbean islands suited to local environmental conditions. Its collections include bromeliads, cacti and succulents, orchids, with rainforest areas as well as a dry palmetum.
Tallinn Botanic Garden
- Facility in Estonia features an arboretum and outdoor collections of roses, perennials, bulbous plants, and annuals, arranged into themed gardens, as well as a greenhouse with tropical plants.
University of Copenhagen: Botanical Garden & Museum
- Displays Denmark's largest collection of living plants and houses the country's only gene bank for wild species. Other features include a palm house, with tropicals, orchids, cacti and succulents, and cycads.
University of Helsinki Botanical Garden at Kaisaniemi
- Maintaining a collection of living plants for use in research and teaching. Information about public and research collections, greenhouses, and tours.
University of Zagreb Botanical Garden
- Overview of the gardens areas and collections, with history and tour information.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 24, 2013 at 12:35:08 UTC -