become an editor
the entire directory
only in Gardens/Japanese
Open Directory - Home: Gardening: Gardens: Japanese
Bonsai and Suiseki
Zen Rock Gardens
Shopping: Home and Garden: Plants: Trees: Bonsai
This category in other languages:
About Japanese Gardens
- Directory with pictures, links and articles on Japanese garden landscaping, plants, and materials.
Ame - Japanese Styled Garden - Bolton UK
- Japanese Style private Garden near Bolton in Lancashire England. An on-going project designed and built by Vic and Denise Silcock.
Anderson Japanese Gardens
- Acclaimed public garden on 14 acres in Rockford, Illinois. History, photo gallery, and visitor information.
Bowdoin College Japanese gardens
- This Bowdoin College (in Brunswick, Maine, U.S.A.) web site is dedicated to the gardens of Japan, and primarily to the historic gardens of Kyoto and its environs, including Nara.
Building my Zen Garden
- Personal narrative of a Canadian's efforts to build a Japanese garden. Chapters from a book subsequently published.
Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden
- On the campus of California State University, Long Beach. History, online tour with descriptions and photographs, and information about membership, events, and education.
Fujiyama Japanese Garden
- This garden in Northern Ireland consists of a dry garden, a tea garden, a stroll garden, and a water and rock garden. Virtual tour, information about the history and many of the plants, features, and ornaments.
Garden of the Adachi Museum of Art in Yasugi-city, Japan
- The Adachi Museum of Art, Yasugi-city, Japan, is famous not only for its collection of contemporary Japanese paintings but also for its gardens. Adachi Zenko, the museum's founder, traveled all across Japan, collecting pine trees and rocks for the landscape gardens and putting his heart and soul into their creation. The six gardens, with about 165,000 square meters in total, show you various sceneries by season. You can enjoy the beautiful harmony of nature through art.
Gardens in Japan; An overview of Japanese garden types
- A one-page overview of Japanese garden types and categories. Includes many links to relevant related web-pages and sites.
George's Japanese Garden
- Private Japanese garden and ponds, with lots of photos, DIY projects and information on koi.
- Japanese gardens built in 1918 in Saratoga, California. Includes koi pond, Zen and tea gardens, and a bamboo park. Photo gallery, visitor information.
International Association of Japanese Gardens
- International Association of Japanese Gardens: Japanese Gardens for People of the World.
Japanese Friendship Garden of San Diego
- Information and pictures covering the design, botanical collection, exhibits, events, and history of this garden located in Balboa Park.
The Japanese Garden
- Located in Portland, Oregon, this garden's areas include a strolling pond garden, a tea garden, and a sand and stone garden. Description and photos, and information about visiting and events.
Japanese Garden Database
- A non-profit, educational web site that seeks to provide information on a selection of outstanding examples of garden art found in Japan while juxtaposing a diversity of media related to them.
Japanese Garden Journal
- The Japanese Garden Journal is a bi-monthly English-language print publication dedicated to the special world of Japanese gardens and Japanese architecture.
The Japanese Garden Suiho En
- This garden of water and fragrance in California is fashioned after 18th and 19th century stroll gardens. It incorporates a dry garden, a wet garden with promenade, and an authentic tea ceremony garden. Includes descriptions, information, and photos.
- Course materials by Elizabeth Kim from Columbia University, covering aesthetic and philosophical concerns, plus the various elements which may be included. Bibliography.
Japanese gardens for North Americans
- Nicely illustrated informational pages covering various aspects of creating a Japanese garden. Directory of Japanese gardens in North America.
Kenroku-en garden in Kanazawa, Japan
- Kenroku-en, Six Attributes Garden, in Kanazawa, Japan, is one of the Three Great Gardens of Japan (along with Kairaku-en and Koraku-en). It is open year-round during daylight hours and famous for its beauty in all seasons.
Marc Peter Keane
- A licensed landscape architect, garden designer, writer, and artist who has lived in Kyoto, Japan for the past 15 years. Portfolio of garden designs.
Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens
- The gardens at this Japanese cultural center in Delray Beach (Florida) include a paradise garden, various styles of rock and Zen gardens, and a garden in a modern romantic tradition, as well as a bonsai exhibit.
Ritsurin Park garden, Takamatsu, Japan
- The public Ritsurin Garden has got "3 stars", the peak evaluation, in guide book to Japan of "Le Guide Vert", the sightseeing version of Michelin.
- Zen temple in Kyoto known for its Karesansui type "dry" rock or Zen garden. The garden is rather small and quite simple in construction, yet complex in interpretation. It is the most abstract archetype of the "Zen Garden".
- The largest Japanese garden in North America (14 acres), located in the Missouri Botanical Garden of St. Louis. Garden tour driven by Zen-inspired graphics.
Shinzen Japanese Garden
- Located in Fresno, California's Woodward Park, lists hours, admission and maps, with separate sections for each season of the year.
Shofuso Japanese House and Garden
- Authentic 17th century style Japanese house and garden with koi pond located in Philadelphia's Fairmount Park. Includes an events calendar and membership information.
- Tsubo-en is a private Japanese Zen Buddhist Garden, of the karesansui type, that is dry landscape rock garden for Zazen meditation. The architecture design, construction and build are done by the authors. Based on this real-world example this site is the on-line "living" guide to realize a Japanese Zen garden.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, February 13, 2012 12:47:19 PM EST -