become an editor
the entire directory
only in Gardens/Community
Science: Social Sciences: Economics: Agricultural and Rural Economics: Community Supported Agriculture
Denver Urban Gardens
- Nonprofit organization overseeing more than 70 community gardens in the Denver area, dedicated to transforming inner-city lots into lush oases for the community. Information, education and events, drought guide.
- Lists available allotments in Irish cities, along with information for Irish gardeners.
American Community Gardening Association
- The ACGA is an organization of professionals, volunteers and supporters of community greening in urban and rural communities.
- Community service organization helping residents of Albany, Rensselaer, and Schenectady Counties (New York) improve their neighborhoods through community gardening and urban greening programs.
Eagle Heights Community Garden
- Organic garden associated with the University of Wisconsin (Madison). Information on plot applications, policies, resources, and programs.
- Foundation with a mission to support and inspire community action promotes the connection between a sustainable natural environment and healthy communities.
Gardenweb: Community Gardens Forum
- Discussion of all aspects of organizing and participating in community gardens.
Garten Rosa Rose
- Garden on previously fallow land in a neighborhood of Berlin, Germany. History and photos.
German Community Gardens
- Text of a 1996 presentation about the community gardening movement in Germany, focusing on societal and political issues.
- Nonprofit organization helping hundreds of grassroots groups in New York City to establish and maintain community gardens. Information, ongoing projects, success stories.
- Four community gardens in Boulder (Colorado) offering members an opportunity to garden their own plot. Youth programs, composting project, community food project.
Long Beach Organic
- Promotes sustainable organic gardening practices and local food production in an urban environment. Community gardens on formerly vacant lots, and a nursery offering organic fruit, vegetable and flower plants.
M'Finda Kalunga Garden
- A vibrant community garden on the Lower Eastside of New York City.
The New York City Garden Preservation Coalition
- Works to preserve the network of community gardens in New York City, by seeking to establish a land trust. Photos, descriptions and locations of many individual community gardens.
Northey Street City Farm
- This community farm in Brisbane (Australia) grows organic fruit and vegetables, employing principles of permaculture. Edibles nursery, organic market, events and links.
P-Patch Community Gardens
- Provides community garden space for residents of Seattle (Washington), on more than 1900 plots. Produce donated to Seattle foodbanks.
Portland Community Gardens
- Provides gardening opportunities to residents throughout the city of Portland (Oregon). Excess produce donation and children's gardening programs.
South Austin Community Garden
- Organic gardeners tend 32 plots in Austin (Texas). Events, communal compost heap.
- Organization in Indiana tending three sites, including a greenhouse garden. Volunteer opportunities, history and photos.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 29, 2015 at 11:12:20 UTC -