become an editor
the entire directory
only in Gardening/Enabled_Gardeners
Open Directory - Home: Gardening: Enabled Gardeners
Home: Gardening: Gardens: Low Allergen
Society: Disabled: Recreation
- The Ability Garden began in 1988 as a demonstration garden of five raised beds to accommodate people in wheel chairs to garden.
American Horticultural Therapy Association
- Offers information, professional registration and training programs.
Canadian Horticultural Therapy Association
- Assisting with program development, research, and to promote the professional use of horticulture as a therapy.
Creating an Enabled Garden
- This site gives tips and modifications to help those in wheelchairs or walkers continue gardening.
- An organization in Portland, Oregon. Its mission is to enhance the physical, mental, social, and spiritual well-being of individuals through participation in meaningful garden-related activity.
Gardening with AD/HD
- Gardening techniques that work well for the inattentive gardener. Specific plants and techniques.
Horticultural Therapy Association of Victoria
- HTAV fosters and supports horticultural programs and activities which enhance in a meaningful way, the social, emotional and physical well-being of people both in their homes and in a variety of community settings.
Horticultural Therapy Institute
- A non-profit organization that provides training and education for students who wish to become leaders in the field of Horticulture Therapy.
Horticulture As Therapy
- Selected articles, projects, links, books and online certification from Mitchell Hewson, Canada's first registered Horticultural Therapist.
Josh's Garden Web
- Handicap Accessible Gardening, article by Josh Spece.
Red Wiggler Community Farm
- Founded in 1996 as a non-profit horticulture therapy and vocational training program for adults with developmental disabilities.
The Growing Center Inc.
- A non-profit horticultural therapy center in Frederick, PA. Community gardens, a monthly meeting for local people and information about horticultural therapy.
The Holden Arboretum Horticultural Therapy Program
- Holden’s Horticultural Therapy Program serves as a resource center in Northeastern Ohio, providing training programs for area health care staff, student internships, program development services and direct programming opportunities for health care organizations. Holden facilitates the establishment and continuation of horticulture programs. Program based in Kirtland, OH.
- UK national horticultural charity that promotes the use of gardening and horticulture for training and employment, therapy and health.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, July 26, 2010 4:35:04 AM EDT -