become an editor
the entire directory
only in Family/Runaways
Open Directory - Home: Family: Runaways
Sites for Teens
Health: Public Health and Safety: Emergency Services: Search and Rescue: Organizations
Shopping: Children: Safety Products and Services: Child Registration and Identification
Society: People: Generations and Age Groups: Youth: Streetkids
Society: People: Lost or Missing
This category in other languages:
Child CyberSEARCH Canada
- Maintains a database of missing Canadian children and offers educational information related to runaways and abducted children.
- One of the largest privately-funded childcare agencies in the U.S., Covenant House provides services to homeless and runaway youth. The website addresses both youth considering running away and their parents, and offers information and confidential hotlines.
Keep Your Children Safe
- Tips to prevent a teen from running away or being lured away, and what to do first if a child is missing.
Missing Indian Kids
- Site designed to help locate missing children in India.
National Runaway Switchboard
- This 24-hour hotline service for U.S. parents and youth offers crisis intervention, message service, educational information, referrals, and runaway searches.
Precious Heart: Archives: Runaway Children
- The site provides bibliographies of publications related to the runaway experience in various categories such as "international works", "bibliographies and resource books", "shelters, law enforcement and psychology", and "legal, congresses and legislation".
Runaway Lives: Personal Stories and Reflections by Runaways and Their Families
- Forum for runaways and their family members to share their experiences through writings or images.
StandUp For Kids On-Line
- Recipient of national (U.S.) awards and recognition, StandUp For Kids is an all volunteer organization working on the streets to help runaway and homeless youth.
Texas Runaway Hotline
- This nonprofit hotline service provides crisis intervention and telephone counseling, information and referrals for callers seeking food, shelter and transportation home, and confidential conference calls between runaways and their families.
The Runaway Game
- This "choose-your-own-adventure" style hypertext novel with 20 different endings was created to help teenagers understand the realities of life as a runaway. At the end of each chapter, readers make choices which lead to different scenarios. Paperback version is available for purchase.
Youth Link of America
- Nonprofit organization devoted to helping runaway and homeless youth find the resources needed. Contains events and newsletter.
Usenet alt.missing-kids -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, February 20, 2010 10:15:45 PM EST -