become an editor
the entire directory
only in Family/Grandparents
Health: Senior Health
Kids and Teens: Your Family: Grandparents
Society: Issues: Older Citizens
Society: People: Generations and Age Groups: Seniors
This category in other languages:
The Communication Project
- Offers books, research, and workshops on grandparenting, intergenerational relationships, literacy education, and science education. Includes grandparenting tips and book excerpts.
Elderhostel Programs for Grandparents and Grandchildren
- Offers group educational travel adventures especially designed for grandparents (over age 55) and their grandchildren. See Intergenerational Programs for the latest schedules, forums and info. No membership required.
Grand Magazine: Community
- A national, print magazine for grandparents. Community includes chat, photo gallery and message boards.
- A site for babyboomers who are now grandparents, helping you in your new role in the family.
- Website and book, devoted to keeping families close. Features an list of books for grandparents and grandchildren to share, as well as long-distance and do-together crafts for all ages.
The Grandmother Study: Intergenerational Caregiving to Youth
- Examines the health status of grandmothers and the impact of grandmothers on their families. Offers description of study and timeline.
Grandparents and Books
- Like books and kids? Be a library grandparent. Los Angeles Public Library describes their program and includes an application form.
Grandparents for Children's Rights
- Information on the legal advocacy and public activities of the national non-profit. Links to U.S. state chapters and international groups.
- Want to know the fashion trends before buying a granddaughter new boots? Can't remember the lyrics to your favorite children's song? Product reviews, gift ideas, ways to make the most of Disney World.
Helpguide.org - Grandparenting
- Discusses the joys of grandparenting and its healthful role in aging well. Suggests ideas for having memorable fun with grandchildren, and addresses the challenges.
Keeping Grandkids Safe
- A look at the all-important issue of safe sleep for infants, and how the guidelines have changed since today's baby boomers were "just parents."
National Association of Foster Grandparent Program Directors
- Professional membership organization advocating for foster grandparent programs. Offers history, membership and mission.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 9, 2013 at 6:45:08 UTC -