become an editor
the entire directory
only in Adoption/Support
Open Directory - Home: Family: Adoption: Support
Chats and Forums
Adoption Community of New England, Inc.
- Non-profit support and educational group of adoptive, foster and pre-adoptive parents and professionals interested in adoption.
Adoption Support Group of Santa Fe
- Member-to-member group offering monthly meetings, literature, counseling referrals, and search assistance. Based in New Mexico (U.S.). Meeting details, guiding principles, and reunion stories are presented.
- Offers support and resource services for adoptive families before, during and after adoption. Description of services, pricing details, and FAQs.
Adoptive Families Association of British Columbia
- General information, support and workshops for BC residents. Includes profiles of children in Ministry care, chapter details, links, and articles on infertility, special needs, and other related issues.
Adoptive Family Therapeutic and Educational Resources (AFTER)
- Provides post adoption services to families in Northern California. Includes online chat, bulletin boards, and community information.
Adoptive and Foster Parent Association of Georgia
- Providing information and feedback foster parents and families.
- Information about grants and loans available to people adopting.
- Post-adoption support services. Based in Manchester, England. Includes list of services for adults and children and contact details.
- Stories, poems, chat, and message boards.
- Contains support resources for birthparents as they go through the pregnancy, birth, and post adoption.
Center for Adoption Support and Education C.A.S.E.
- C.A.S.E. is an adoptive family support center that provides post-adoption services which include education, counseling, family forums, and advocacy.
Colorado Heritage Camps, Inc.
- Resources and information about heritage camps held in Colorado each summer for families with internationally or bi-racially adopted children.
Concerned United Birthparents
- Nonprofit support, resource, and advocacy organization that advocates family preservation. Includes mission statement, articles, bulletin board, and list of regional branches.
Empty Arms Support Group
- Email support group for women in reunion with their only child/ren lost to adoption and who raised no others. Poems and personal stories are available.
Families Adopting Across Cultures (FACES)
- Offers support and education for those involved with cross-cultural adoptions. Stories and links are presented.
First Nations Orphans Association
- Assists those individuals seeking to reunite with their native families. Includes list of objectives, director's brief biography, and information about upcoming events.
Helping Kids Cope
- Offers financial assistance to birth mothers, adoptive parents and children in foster care. Based in Nashville, Tennessee (United States). Includes applications for awards, information about volunteering, and FAQs.
Interracial Families in Fellowship
- Informal sharing and support community for inter-racial adoptive families in mid-Ohio. Includes calendar of events in central Ohio and contact information for support in other parts of the state.
Jonathan Pannor, LCSW
- Offers counseling and workshops for adoptive parents. Features a list of workshop topics and contact details.
Kazakh Aul of the United States
- Nonprofit organization dedicated to meeting the cultural needs of American families with children from Kazakhstan.
National Organisation for the Counselling of Adoptees and Parents (NORCAP)
- UK registered charity and support group established to help adults with search and reunion issues and handle their feelings about the effect of adoption on their lives.
Post Adoption Center for Education and Research
- Non-profit organization providing peer support, information, education and advocacy for any person touched by adoption.
- A Pennsylvania based support system for adoptive, foster, and kinship families. Includes information about attachment disorder, sexual abuse, and other concerns. Find resources and support within the state.
The Birth Mother Tree
- A place for birth mothers to add their names to break the silence and honor their loss.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, July 26, 2010 1:35:11 AM EDT -