the entire directory
only in Family/Adoption
Books and Publications
Chats and Forums
Gay and Lesbian
Search and Reunion
Wish to Adopt
Home: Family: Foster Care
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Children: Adoption and Fostering
Society: Genealogy: Adoption
Society: Law: Legal Information: Family Law
Society: Philanthropy: Child Welfare: Orphans and Orphanages
This category in other languages:
- Adoption information and resources, message boards, email communities, and links to adoption professionals. Includes special sections for both birthmothers and adoptive parents.
- Provides access to thousands of resources addressing all aspects of adoption. Includes coverage of international adoption issues.
- Listing of adoption resources on the Internet, organized in topical categories.
Adoption Council of Canada
- Dedicated to finding homes for Canada's waiting children. Includes news, publications, legislation, events, research, viewpoints, and newsletters.
The Adoption Guide
- Consumer protection and advocacy for adopting families, international or domestic. Site features news, articles, and resources.
Adoption InterLink UK
- General adoption information, articles, links to related resources, and notice board.
Adoption Learning Partners
- Offers web-based educational courses for all members of the adoption triad. Includes course descriptions and a mailing list.
- Features information about workshops and support groups, profiles of families hoping to adopt (from specific agencies) and resources.
Adoption Web Ring
- A public service ring dedicated to the best interests of adoption triad members.
Adoption: A New Beginning
- A Christian adoption resource center, with services for birthmothers and adoptive parents.
- General information and resources.
- National photo listing service for children awaiting adoption across the United States.
American RadioWorks - Finding Home
- A series of written stories, as well as a one-hour audio broadcast, which explore fifty years of experience with international adoption by Americans. Additional materials include photojournals, interviews, audio diaries, and supplementary stories.
- Presents articles about a variety of adoption related topics.
British Agencies for Adoption & Fostering
- London-based charity with offices in Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and England. Offers resources for those wishing to adopt and related professionals. Includes membership details, news, legal details and directory of agencies.
California Children and Family Services: Adoptions
- Articles and FAQs about adopting a child, becoming a foster parent, adopting a foster child, adoptees and birth parents, and services for adopted children.
- Features a range of adoption-related information. Includes a message board, Waiting Parents Registry, list of famous adoptions, calendar of events, and links to Canadian resources, including agencies and support groups.
Center for Adoption Policy
- Provides research, analysis, advice and education to practitioners and the public about legislation and practices governing domestic and inter-country adoption in the United States and the rest of the world. Includes publications and information about projects.
Child & Family Services
- Provides former Michigan members (adult adoptees, birth parents, adult siblings, and adoptive parents) with post-adoption services and intermediary search services.
Children's Home Society
- Not for profit organization that provides adoption and birth parent services.
Evan B. Donaldson Adoption Institute
- Information for adoption professionals: research, policy, and practice.
Families for Private Adoption
- Non-profit volunteer organization advocating and encouraging private (non-agency) adoption. Meetings held in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
Fostering or Adopting Children in Need
- Information about transitional residence and fostering of troubled children.
GotTrouble.com - Family Law
- Information about adoption, qualities of adoptive parents which agencies are looking for, and other legal issues.
Lets Talk Adoption
- Weekly radio show available on the Internet. Show schedule, brief host profile, and archives are presented.
Lund Family Center
- Providing services for young women who are pregnant and parenting, families with young children and adoptive families.
National Adoption Center
- Portal to photo listings and resources, including chat, online courses, and articles.
North American Council on Adoptable Children
- Post-adoptive articles and a "How to Adopt" section which provides an overview of issues and steps to take when considering domestic adoption through the foster care system.
Older Child Adoption
- Weekly online publication offering articles and information. Includes message board, bookstore and links.
PACT: An Adoption Alliance
- Adoption-related services for children of color, their birthparents, and their adoptive parents.
State Mailing Lists
- Directory of adoption related mailing lists across the United States.
Long Haul Productions: Dear Birth Mother
- Suzanne, a single woman in her forties, after years of trying to become pregnant, decided to adopt an African-American baby. This is the story of her adoption quest. [29:00 streaming audio broadcast] (January 01, 2005)
NPR : The Many Faces of Adoption
- About 1.6 million American families have adopted children. In more and more cases, they are open adoptions. Four families share their stories. [Each story approximately 5 minutes in duration.] (December 24, 2004)
Usenet alt.adoption -
Usenet alt.adoption.adoptive.parenting -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 25, 2014 at 12:52:22 UTC -