the entire directory
only in Home/Emergency_Preparation
Food and Water
Medical ID Cards
Business: Business Services: Fire and Security: Emergency Management
Health: Public Health and Safety: Emergency Services
Society: Issues: Survivalism
This category in other languages:
The American Civil Defense Association
- A non-profit, non-political organization provided education, products and resources relating to preparedness strategies and techniques. Includes resource library, journal, and membership details.
Captain Dave's Survival Center
- News and information including disaster types, evacuation planning, food and water preservation and storage, weapons procurement, caching, first aid and survival medicine, plus reviews of survival books and products.
Common Sense Survival Guides
- Guides for many different kinds of emergencies available both on the website and in book form.
The Disaster Center
- Internet source for worldwide disaster information.
Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Response Association
- Disaster preparedness and emergency response reference material, job opportunities, and related information.
Disaster Preparedness and Response
- Collection of information and links for disaster plans, policies, and guidelines used by libraries and museums.
- Tutorial on preparation for a wide range of emergency situations, from blizzards to volcanoes. Help on decision making, survival kits, and volunteering after a disaster. Advice for special needs of children, pets, and disabled.
- Advice and lists for preparing the home and family for emergencies. Written in the context of Y2K, but equally applicable for all emergency preparations. Includes a summertime test.
Emergency Preparedness Blog
- Covers topics related to preparedness and self-reliance, such as food storage, gardening, and heating with wood. Includes directory of outdoors activities.
Emergency Preparedness Center
- Free guidebook to download. Illustrated emergency preparedness step-by-step checklist of survival kits and first aid supplies needed for any disaster.
Emergency Survival Guidebook
- A 46-page PDF guidebook with emergency preparedness checklists and tips for surviving different types of emergencies.
Equipped to Survive - Disaster Preparedness
- Information on survival equipment and skills needed for many plausible scenarios.
FEMA: Plan Ahead
- Details on how to prepare and react in time of natural and man-made disasters. Includes information on safe shelters, disaster mitigation methods and how to make emergency supply kits.
- Documents discussing all aspects of disaster preparedness and emergency response.
- Emergency and disaster preparedness for those with large and small companion animals. Checklists to help organize.
- One stop source for women to gather and learn about preparedness. Featured is the Forum, MrsSurvival.com's Survival Talk for Women.
NOAA Weather Information
- US Government weather information and alerts.
Ol' Buffalo Family Preparedness Checklist
- A checklist and links to potential disaster and financial crisis sites.
- Wiki with information aimed at survivors of the 2011 Japanese earthquakes.
OSHA - Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Basic training and emergency preparedness guidelines.
Peninsulas Emergency Preparedness Committee
- Helping family and neighborhoods prepare for earthquakes, volcanoes, fires and floods, in Gig Harbor, Key Peninsula, and Pierce County, WA. Water storage barrels for sale.
Potassium Iodide Radiation Protection FAQ
- Nuclear accident/war preventative medicine FAQ with thyroid-blocking iodine sources.
Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service (RACES)
- Public service organization provided by a volunteer reserve communications group within US government agencies in times of extraordinary need. Includes rules, news, organization information and related resources.
- Emergency preparedness guidance from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, lists and explains specific threats and response. How to prepare, glossary, feedback form and links to related government and private organizations.
- Provides emergency advice approved by the Federation of American Scientists and a detailed critique of the official ready.gov website.
- How to prepare now to survive a disaster or any extended interruption in utility services or food or water supply. Includes essentials lists and tips on health, water purification, food storage, refrigeration, heat, light, sanitation, pet care, biological and chemical attacks, finance, safety, survival kits, first aid and health.
University of Illinois Extension Disaster Resources
- Provides access to information on disaster preparedness, including links to disaster agencies, organizations, and information networks.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 2, 2015 at 20:05:12 UTC -