become an editor
the entire directory
only in Wild_Foods/Insects
Shopping: Food: Specialty and Gourmet: Insects
Bay Area Bug Eating Society (BABES)
- San Francisco Entomophagists. Recipes, nutrition information, FAQs, and pictures.
Bert Christensen's Weird & Different Recipes: Locust Bisque
- Cream soup recipe.
- Various articles and links to using insects as food.
- Offers a variety of recipes and links to satisfy anyone's bug-filled food craving.
Descending the Food Chain
- An article in New Times, Broward-Palm Beach, Florida.
Dr. Frog's Recipe Page
- Includes a 1687 description of a dish of Parcht Locusts, and directions for marinating bee grubs in coconut cream.
Food Insects Newsletter
- How-to articles about harvesting and preparing insects.
Grow-a-Brain: Entomophagy (Insect Eating) Archives
- Weblog with links and photographs covering all aspects of eating insects, from recipes to newspaper articles to personal experiences.
Insect Snacks from Around the World
- From the University of Kentucky Department of Entomology.
Insects as Food
- Information on the current importance and the future potential of insects as a global food resource.
- Small collection includes Mealworm Chocolate Chip Cookies and Stir Fried Cricket Curry.
Weird Foods: Bugs
- Includes a list of insects and other arthropods eaten in various cuisines, and a few recipes including Banana Worm Bread and Cricket Chip Cookies.
Weird Recipe List
- Recipes for odd dishes some including insects.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 17, 2007 at 16:49:22 UTC -