become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cooking/Techniques
Open Directory - Home: Cooking: Techniques
Business: Hospitality: Food Service: Culinary Institutes
Home: Cooking: Safety
Kids and Teens: Sports and Hobbies: Cooking: Tips and Techniques
Recreation: Food: Drink: Wine
Recreation: Travel: Specialty Travel: Culinary
This category in other languages:
3Men With Nothing Better To Do
- Techniques and recipes of barbecue, smoking, making sausage, jerky, and bacon, competition cooking, South African cooking, and roasting large animals.
ABC's of Cooking
- Offers tips for beginners, recipes and menus for home entertaining. Includes information on the preparation of appetizers, bread, barbeque, fish, pasta, and vegetables.
Azcentral.com : Cooking 101
- Tutorial series featuring basic lessons on food preparation.
Basics of Cooking Lessons
- Features articles for beginners by Linda Larsen. Topics include information on following recipes, baking, food safety, meal planning and nutrition.
- Cooking information, methods, organization, and tips, provided by About.com.
- A cooking encyclopedia that covers thousands of ingredients and kitchen tools. Entries include pictures, descriptions, synonyms, pronunciations, and suggested substitutions.
- Charts for measurement conversion, quantities and yields, common substitutions, candy making, can sizes, and roasting. From About.com.
- Provides free information and resources on food, cookery and the hospitality industry. Includes recipes, know-how, and cooking tips and knowledge.
Cooking Tips and Hints
- Cooking glossary, hints, tips, tricks, and techniques from CDKitchen.
Everyday Cook Glossary
- Large selection of cooking terms presented.
Glossary from BBC Online
- Listing of food and cooking terms.
GourmetSpot.com - Cooking Tutorials
- Article features links to information on basic skills and hints for the kitchen.
Guide to Home Cooking
- Information, food features cover history, usage, and many recipes for individual foods, cooking methods, and appliances, at About.com..
Lone Star Dutch Oven Society
- Organization dedicated to preserving the art of Black Pot Cooking.
Metric Conversions from GourmetSleuth
- Conversion chart from American measurements to Metric.
Mortar and Pestle (Molcajete) from GourmetSleuth
- A brief history, description, types and uses this tool, including photographs and recipes such as pistou, guacamole, and salsa.
Recipe Q and A
- Volunteer Chefs available to provide answers to nearly any cooking inquiry. A brief description of their field of expertise is listed to enable the user to ask the question to the appropriate chef.
Roasting Timetable from GourmetSleuth
- Chart for beef, veal, lamb, pork, and poultry.
Science of Cooking
- Recipes, activities, and webcasts are used to explain the science behind food and cooking.
SoYouWanna Stock Your Kitchen?
- This full-length article discusses kitchen needs.
The Reluctant Gourmet
- Guide for novices that includes recipes, techniques, and tips. Also features links to related sites.
The Saute Network
- Food preparation techniques.
Thrifty Living - Substitutions: Flavorings
- List of substitutions, using other ingredients normally found in a kitchen.
Usenet rec.food.cooking -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, August 11, 2011 1:36:43 AM EDT -