become an editor
the entire directory
only in Okra/Gumbo
Soups and Stews
Fruit and Vegetable
Open Directory - Home: Cooking: Soups and Stews: Fruit and Vegetable: Okra: Gumbo
Baked Vegetable Gumbo Creole
- Uses celery, lima beans, corn, and bell peppers. Makes ten servings. From Recipe Source.
- Recipe calling for beef, crab, prawns, chicken, stewed tomatoes, and chicken broth.
- This easy-to-make main dish helps to increase the amount of vegetables you eat and can be made all in one pot.
Easy Lamb Creole Gumbo
- Recipe using lamb riblets makes eight servings, at Recipe Source.
File' Gumbo Lafayette
- Recipe using salmon making four servings, at Recipe Source.
Frank's Place New Orleans Gumbo
- Presents a lengthy ingredient list. Serves six, from Recipe Source.
Greenbow County Okra Gumbo
- Made using a variety of ingredients that include fresh shrimp and crab. From Recipe Source.
- Uses bacon grease, flour, chili powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Serves four, from Recipe Source.
- Shrimp and okra gumbo with a variation including crab and oysters.
Gumbo Des Herbes
- Made with mustard, collard and turnip greens. Serves eight, from Recipe Source.
- Using crab meat, flour, and shortening. Makes six servings, at Recipe Source.
- Basic recipe using shrimp, chicken, or crawfish, at Recipe Source.
Gumbo Soup (Low Cal)
- Vegetarian starter recipe making twelve servings, at Recipe Source.
- Non-meat recipe making four servings, at Recipe Source.
Gumbo du Monde
- Made with chicken, andouille sausage, shrimp, and blue crab. The stock can be made in advance and refrigerated or frozen.
Ham Skillet Gumbo
- Made with bell peppers and onion. Makes four servings, at Recipe Source.
Kosher Creole Seafood Gumbo
- Combines trout, redfish, flour, tomato, and okra.
Leftover Holiday Turkey Gumbo
- Made with turkey, andouille or smoked sausage, and shrimp.
Louisiana Chicken Gumbo
- Made with bacon fat, ham, and onion. Serves six, from Recipe Source.
Mahalia Jackson's Okra Gumbo
- Uses blue crab, ham, and chicken gizzards. Twelve servings, at Recipe Source.
Mary's Seafood Gumbo
- Contains crab, shrimp, tomato, and Tabasco.
Not Danny Glover's Gumbo
- Recipe using frozen vegetables and herbs, at Recipe Source.
- Simple recipe made with okra, tomato, bacon, green pepper, and onion.
Okra Shrimp Gumbo
- Uses tomatoes, flour, shallots, and oysters. From Recipe Source.
Okra Stew (Fast Gumbo)
- Step by step recipe with photos and reader comments.
Peppery Gumbo Soup
- Calls for chicken broth, corn, potatoes, and herbs. Serving four to six.
Queen Ida's Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
- Detailed recipe making five or six servings, at Recipe Source.
- Makes about ten to twelve entrée servings or twenty to twenty four appetizer servings.
- Cajun recipe featuring crawdads, salt pork, onion, okra, corn, tomatoes, and cayenne.
- Using Cajun sausage or kielbasa, okra, shrimp, scallops, lobster, and crab.
Shrimp and Collards Gumbo
- Features a robust dish, full of greens.
Shrimp and Crab Gumbo
- Made with stock, fresh seafood, vegetables, and herbs.
Smoked Chicken & Pepperoni Gumbo
- Cajun dish uses a variety of pepper, herbs, vegetables and meat. Makes six servings, at Recipe Source.
Smoked Duck and Andouille Gumbo
- Can also be made with smoked chicken or turkey, or any other type of poultry.
Texas Gumbo, Basic With Variations
- Uses both chicken and beef broth along with vegetables. From Recipe Source.
Waldine's Turkey Sausage Gumbo
- Using turkey carcass, sausage, vegetables, and seasonings at Recipe Source.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, November 1, 2009 11:14:24 PM EST -