become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fruits_and_Vegetables/Okra
Fruits and Vegetables
Collections and Indexes
Soups and Stews
French Fried Okra
- Fried with a buttermilk and cornmeal batter.
Grandma's Fried Okra and Potatoes
- Made with okra, potatoes, onion, and cornmeal.
- Recipe calling for okra, paprika, chili powder, tumeric, yogurt, and mustard seeds.
- Simple recipe made with okra, tomato, bacon, green pepper, and onion.
Raymond Anderson's Original Okra Supreme
- Made with okra, onion, tomato, Ritz crackers, egg and topped with Cheddar cheese.
Sauteed Okra with Roasted Red Peppers
- Provides step by step instructions with photos and reader comments.
Smothered Okra and Tomatoes
- Okra, onion, bell pepper, celery, and tomatoes in a creole sauce.
Smothered Okra, Eggplant and Tomato
- From Paul Prudhomme's Fork in the Road.
Southern Fried Okra
- Okra soaked in egg and buttermilk, then dredged in flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and pepper before frying.
Stewed Okra and Tomatoes
- Small pods of fresh okra and big, juicy tomatoes are best for this recipe. From Texas Cooking.
Texas Fried Okra
- Simple recipe for four using a pound of okra dredged in cornmeal and fried in lard.
Texas Okra Gumbo
- Spicy okra gumbo made with bacon, chicken, and lots of okra and fresh cayenne peppers.
Watch Your Garden Grow - Okra
- Information on preparation, storage, recipes and growing.
Whole Okra with Onions
- North Indian recipe made with fresh okra.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 22, 2015 at 19:43:33 UTC -