become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cooking/Canning_and_Freezing
Canning and Freezing
Open Directory - Home: Cooking: Canning and Freezing
Home: Cooking: Jams, Jellies, and Preserves
Shopping: Home and Garden: Kitchen and Dining: Cookware
This category in other languages:
- Fact sheet explaining how to prepare apples for freezing or canning, also recipes for syrup for preservation, preserving without sugar, recipes for chutney and cinnamon apple rings.
Canning Food Recipes.com
- Canning and preserving recipes and information on preparing, cooking and processing fruits and vegetables.
Canning Jars and Facts
- Information guide from the food authority, tips, timing chart, and canning forum
- Browse 70+ canning recipes by ingredient, cuisine, and more; or use search to find something in particular. Each recipe includes complete nutritional information.
Canning, Drying and Freezing
- Tips and instructions from National Food Safety Database.
CanningPantry.com: Food Preservation Articles
- Collection of food preservation articles on home canning, freezing, pickling and food dehydration.
- Complete resource for home canning. Recipes, instructional videos and home canning supplies store.
Colorado State Co-op
- Facts, tips, and directions for freezing vegetables.
- A check list and instructions for freezing vegetables from New Mexico State University. [PDF]
Home Canning Resources
- Information and resources from About.com.
- Tips for preserving and pickling with recipes and links to more information.
- Offers tips and techniques, recipes and an e-mail newsletter.
Homemade Maple Syrup
- Directions for tapping, collecting, and making your own maple syrup.
How Stuff Works: Preserving Food
- An explanation of all the different ways used to preserve food from freezing to irradiation.
How To Can and Freeze Fruits and Vegetables from your Garden
- Explains how to store garden produce by canning or freezing. Includes syrup, jelly and relish recipes.
Lesley's Recipe Archive: Canning Recipes
- Recipes for pickles, relish, and jams, plus a tips and techniques page for boiling water canners.
NDSU Extension Freezing Tips
- Answers to commonly asked questions about freezing produce. From North Dakota State University.
Noll's Home Canning and Freezing
- Paul and Bernice Noll share their recipes and tips. Some have step-by-step illustrated instructions.
- A large collection of canning recipes using Chile peppers.
Pickled Crab Apples
- Basic recipe using hot water bath method.
- Presents methods for preserving food by canning, freezing, dehydrating and vacuum sealing. Also includes safety tips.
Quality for Keeps
- Directions and recipes for canning meat, fish and poultry safely.
- Calls for eight cups of any kind of summer squash.
Strub Family Brine Recipe
- Simple recipe to try pickling at home.
Successful Home Canning
- An easy to follow guide for home canning.
Unsafe Canning Methods
- What not to do when canning foods from the University of Wisconsin.
Canning and Freezing
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 6, 2014 at 20:21:44 UTC -